Re: Account Ineligible (XBOX)

by omnomgamer1

Original Post

[Old Report] Account Ineligible (XBOX)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can not link my Xbox account with EA, impobissiting me to play your games online, ever I go to your support and started my Xbox account in EA support I have this error "account ineligible".

I already spoke with both supporters and they did not solve ANYTHING! I just want to be able to play EA games online on Xbox.

Message 1 of 217 (57,807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Replying in the hope that it saves someone from spending hours with EA and Xbox support..

EA does not like Xbox child accounts.  Even if your game is rated E for everyone (I had the problem both with Madden and PvZ) it assumes you wlll be playing Battlefield V or something.  Here is what I ended up having to do.

Log into xbox.com and remove your "child" from the family.  This is at account.microsoft.com/family This will require removing the parental consent (under "Manage my child's profile info".  You then have invite as an adult.  If you made the mistake of putting your child's actual birthday in their Microsoft profile, when you accept the invite take the "I'm an adult" option which will allow you to change their birthday (I couldn't see another way to do it).  Otherwise Microsoft will force it to be a child account.

This alone isn't good enough, as EA caches the information on your Xbox, removing it is a bit of a production, you have to remove the child account from your Xbox this is from EA support

Clear alternate Mac address:`

1. Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternative Mac Address > Clear
2. After this shut down the console, disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
3. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for one minute.
4. start your console.

Power Cycle Modem

Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem and off the button.
Unplug the power cord from the WiFi router.
Wait 30 seconds, and then reinsert open the button and reconnect power to the modem.
Allow at least 2 minutes to ensure that the reset is complete. Your modem’s connection lights should be solid (not blinking).
Reconnect the power to your WiFi router. Allow at least 2 minutes for your router to finish powering on.

`Removing Gamertag:`

1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
2. Scroll down to Settings Icon.
3. In the Setting menu scroll down to Account.
4. Select Remove accounts.
5. Select the account that you want to remove.
6. Select Remove to confirm.
7. When you're finished, select Close.

`Re-adding Gamertag:`

1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
2. Select Sign in.
3. Scroll down to Add & Manage.
4. Select Add new.
5. Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
6. Enter your password. If you've forgotten it, select I forgot my password, and then follow the instructions to recover your account.
7. Review the privacy statement summary, and then select Next.
8. Select your Sign-in and security preferences.
9. Check out how you look on Xbox, and then select Next.
10. Choose your colour, and then select Next.
Note: The preference that you're currently using at home appears with a checked box.
11. Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.

If you want to link your Xbox gamertag, your PSN ID, or your Switch account to your EA Account, all you need to do is open one of our games on your PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch. Some games will ask you to log in right when you open the game, while others will prompt you to sign into EA Servers once you try to access an online mode.

Put in the email address and password for your primary EA Account when it asks you to log in. Once you’ve signed in, your accounts will be linked.

EA says that any "sub-account" can't play in online mode, but I haven't gotten far enough to verify that.  And now my child has an adult account, which defeats the point.

Message 2 of 217 (57,594 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This doesn't work and I just wasted an hour and a half of my life

Message 3 of 217 (57,075 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Rec0rda I also get this error message when trying to link my gamertag to my EA account.

What can I do?
Message 4 of 217 (56,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ProPhilipious Did not work! Any other solution? Thanks
Message 5 of 217 (55,048 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @HellSan74.

Can you give me some details on what happens when you try to link your gamertag to your EA account?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 217 (54,952 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I go to EA login page and I select XBOX login I get an error message saying: Account Ineligible.

Message 7 of 217 (54,930 Views)

Community Manager

@HellSan74 

Normally that means that gamertag is already linked to another EA account. I recommend you contact an advisor for help with this. Try opening a case here: http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us or contact @EAHelp on Twitter. They can let you know if that gamertag is already linked to an account.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 217 (54,927 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem about invalid accounts on battlefront. So I was trying to log into Star Wars Battlefront 2 and it said my account was invalid. I've gone to help.ea.com but no one has done anything so far. I've also looked up how to fix the problem and I don't believe it's because my account is underage. Also when I try to log into origin or EA using my Microsoft account, it says my account is ineligible. I was just wondering if there is anyway to solve this problem.

Message 9 of 217 (48,822 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @calamari056.

Try resetting your password at www.origin.com. Also, this can happen when you're unsuccessful too many times with logging in. You'll be locked out for about 90 minutes.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 217 (48,786 Views)