Account Hacked - Email and security questions changed

by SgtMalReynolds

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Hacked - Email and security questions changed

★ Apprentice

My account got hacked this morning (someone apparently simply getting past my password setting), and he/she changed my email address and security settings.  Now, fortunately, I was somehow able to get my email address restored, so I could log in and change the password.  Unfortunately, I can't restore my user name (which is okay for now) or security question because I can't answer someone else's personal questions, and even if I could, it's in Russian!

"Conveniently", EA doesn't take calls on Sunday, nor is the tech support Live chat working, so I am getting help from nowhere.  Could someone please tell me what I can possibly do at this point?  I'd like to at least change my user name from "AppleJackiOne" (whoever that is), but I'd also like to add Login Verification, though I can't right now because I don't speak Russian.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Hacked - Email and security questions changed

EA DICE Team

@NepgyaaaaNepper @SgtMalReynolds @jokomati101

For this type of issue you will have to contact our EA Advisors via EA Help:

Start with selecting your country of residence to setup your contact. If your country isn't listed you should select either United States or United Kingdom.

Country.PNG

Now follow the numbered steps as shown in the picture. If you are unable to login you will also be able to create an anonymous case at this point.

Login.PNG

• The final page doesn't load? press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page or try another browser.
  • You get no contact options? you are most likely trying to contact the selected channel outside of operating hours.
  • Your country has no phone number? use a voIP program such as Skype to contact our UK channel via +44 203 0141818.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (217 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i was also hacked by a russian but it was on wednesday and i saw it in my mail today. so i'm screwed because the restore link was expired. R.I.P you schould use google translate

ps: i guess russians got their hands on some dell school pc from 2001

Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I luckily was able to revert my email, and reset my password, but now my username is meglkek, all of my freinds have been deleted, and I cant change anything without answering a russian security question.

Message 3 of 4 (224 Views)

EA DICE Team

@NepgyaaaaNepper @SgtMalReynolds @jokomati101

For this type of issue you will have to contact our EA Advisors via EA Help:

Start with selecting your country of residence to setup your contact. If your country isn't listed you should select either United States or United Kingdom.

Country.PNG

Now follow the numbered steps as shown in the picture. If you are unable to login you will also be able to create an anonymous case at this point.

Login.PNG

• The final page doesn't load? press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page or try another browser.
  • You get no contact options? you are most likely trying to contact the selected channel outside of operating hours.
  • Your country has no phone number? use a voIP program such as Skype to contact our UK channel via +44 203 0141818.

Message 4 of 4 (218 Views)