Re: Account Hacked - Can't Reach EA Customer Support

by Corrupt_be

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Hacked - Can't Reach EA Customer Support

★★★★ Novice

Today someone hacked or tried to hack my Origin account. I've regained access by pressing "Change Your Email Address Back", though now my name is different and the security question has changed too (thus I cannot change my name back to what it was).

More info (timestamp):

On July 1, 2015 11:14:59 AM GMT, the email address linked with Your Origin Account was changed to:

[edit: email address removed].

I've tried to contact EA support through phone, chat and "call me back" (the latter gave me the same answer 4 times: "We tried to call you but you could not be reached, though every time NOONE tried to call me).

It would be interesting to ACTUALLY get in contact with someone in order to reset that security question.

Cheers,

Corrupt_be (this was my original origin name)

Message 1 of 5 (677 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@Corrupt_be Hello Corrupt_be,

From what I can see you were able to reach an Advisor now, if that is not the case, please let us know.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (674 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Corrupt_be Hello Corrupt_be,

From what I can see you were able to reach an Advisor now, if that is not the case, please let us know.

Message 2 of 5 (675 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Indeed,

Everything is in order now.

Message 3 of 5 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Someone tried resetting my password as well. I changed it. The problem is I forgot I even had this account. I think it was when I was playing warhammer. So I have no games on my account to even be able to contact support to see if they managed to use this account. I did try to use a random game and it said I was banned. I just want to make sure this account is useable in the future if I find a game I like. I know the games I had with EA got discontinued as well. So I would appreciate it if someone contacted me!

Message 4 of 5 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Nm figured it out can't delete this one..

Message 5 of 5 (581 Views)