Re: AHQ leveling issue

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

AHQ leveling issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hello there!

I've been active here in AHQ for quite a while now in the BUG reporting section for Star Wars Battlefront II. Since I joined in 2017, I've been leveling up continuously due to all the activities I do here.

But more then a year ago I realised the system was a bit weird, as I would get stuck at 100% for the next lvl for quite a long time, and when I finally leveld up I would go to around 90% progress for the following level. This has been happening since that time, for more then a year.

Recently though I chatted with @EA_Atic , and to my surprise this seems to be intended behavior... I can't see how this is a good design choice, but whatever, it does seem to work properly (I do level up from time to time normally) despite always showing around 90 to 100% progress and getting stuck at 100% for quite a long time.

All this is a prelude to what I saw today though. Now I'm stuck at 100% progress to a level I'm already at:

image.png

image.png

In the past it would always correctly tell me which was the next level I was getting XP for, only the XP progress % that was always off (always showing something between 90 and 100, and when reaching 100 taking ages to finally jump to the next lvl).

Should I get concerned with this and try some troubleshooting with EA, or is this just another visual issue that isn't actually affecting my progress at all?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (688 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @RogueZeroRendar the Expert with 5 Stars is indeed currently the highest rank that is available for forum members.

The levelling in general, or rather the visual representation of the XP bar is a bit buggy. We are aware of that and our developers are fixing parts of this currently. As many different things are contributing to people levelling up, the whole system is pretty complex and we have adjusted and improved some of the visual representation in the past, but it's not 100% fixed yet. We hope that the next update will make the XP bar more accurate.

Hope that helps!

/Spectre

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (482 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @RogueZeroRendar ,

From what I've seen in the past about this issue, this was the most accurate response: "What basically happens is after you gain a rank it jumps you straight into like 80-90% to the next level, but that's not actually accurate. So you're playing catch up on what it displays basically."

Credits: @MandatoryIDtag 

Happy Gaming!

-xRarely

Message 2 of 11 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@The_other_Rare 
Thanks for the info! But I'm actually concerned with the fact that my next level is the same as the one I'm at now. According to AHQ, my next level to gain is Expert 5 stars. However, also according to AHQ, I'm already Expert 5 stars (both of these you can check in the screenshots I took and showed in my previous post).

So it's saying I'll get a level I'm already at. This issue is new to me. I just brought that previous "issue" to add more reason for EA_Staff to review their leveling up system in AHQ and maybe update it to a better version.

Message 3 of 11 (670 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@RogueZeroRendar 

Oh ok, I see what you mean now! It should say, "One Star Master" instead of a Five Star Expert (Again).

I wonder if something got messed up with the Rank Adjustments they did last December. If you find more information on this, please keep me in the loop!

Happy Gaming and Stay Safe!

-xRarely

Message 4 of 11 (662 Views)

Message 5 of 11 (645 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

@Phantomlover1717 
Thank you too! But again, I'm not concerned with that aspect, that was just a prelude to what's bothering me now: The next level AHQ tells me I'll rank up to is the same level I'm currently at. It tells me I'm 100% progress to Expert 5 stars, while I'm already Expert 5 stars. That has never happened before to me.

Message 6 of 11 (607 Views)

@RogueZeroRendar  It appears that the ranks above Expert no longer exist, or at least they're not available.  I've seen a few different users listed as five star Expert, 100% progress to Expert, just like you; I've never seen someone listed as Master or Guru in the 2.5 years I've been here.

If you want an official answer, maybe someone can provide one, but unofficially I'm pretty sure that Expert is the ceiling.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 11 (589 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Lanna 
Do you know anything about this issue? Or could you tell me where I should make this question? AHQ says I'm getting level Expert 5 Stars but I'm already at Expert 5 Stars. Is this the ceiling level like @puzzlezaddict suggested? Thanks!

Message 8 of 11 (488 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @RogueZeroRendar the Expert with 5 Stars is indeed currently the highest rank that is available for forum members.

The levelling in general, or rather the visual representation of the XP bar is a bit buggy. We are aware of that and our developers are fixing parts of this currently. As many different things are contributing to people levelling up, the whole system is pretty complex and we have adjusted and improved some of the visual representation in the past, but it's not 100% fixed yet. We hope that the next update will make the XP bar more accurate.

Hope that helps!

/Spectre

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 9 of 11 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Spectre 
Thanks for the confirmation! One last question (out of curiosity): Are those old ranks above Expert coming back in the future? Or new ones? Or is this Expert going to be the ceiling for now?

Message 10 of 11 (471 Views)