A Few General Questions

by UnwaryCoin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Few General Questions

★★★★ Guide

I keep subscribing to threads I made, but it isn't notifying me if someone posted. Is there a promblem or am I missing something? What does a notification look like (on the Battlefront forums it's a red box with a number in it)?

Also, what if there's something that you think is a bug, but might not be? Could I post it there anyways or would it belong in another section?

Message 1 of 8 (717 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A Few General Questions

@UnwaryCoin  Check your notification settings—something might be disabled that's preventing you from getting notified.  Click on your username in the upper right corner of the browser window, then Settings, then Subscriptions & Notifications, then Notification Settings, and make sure everything you want is allowed through.

As for reporting a potential bug, it's fine to post in the bug forum even if you're not sure that it's really a bug.  If it's not, someone will move it to the tech or general discussion section.  If you post in tech instead, someone may ask you to fill out the bug template, or merge your post with an existing bug thread, so it's not a big deal either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (700 Views)

All Replies

@UnwaryCoin  Check your notification settings—something might be disabled that's preventing you from getting notified.  Click on your username in the upper right corner of the browser window, then Settings, then Subscriptions & Notifications, then Notification Settings, and make sure everything you want is allowed through.

As for reporting a potential bug, it's fine to post in the bug forum even if you're not sure that it's really a bug.  If it's not, someone will move it to the tech or general discussion section.  If you post in tech instead, someone may ask you to fill out the bug template, or merge your post with an existing bug thread, so it's not a big deal either way.

Message 2 of 8 (701 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Thanks! I have another question, does the system keep track of how many days you logged in in a row?
Message 3 of 8 (656 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I found out my problem. It has a real time notification, and an email... Which I don't check.
Message 4 of 8 (650 Views)

@UnwaryCoin  Yes, the system keeps track of how many days in a row you've logged in.  But it's not completely accurate—I found that it didn't seem to count all my days, even though I did eventually get credit for the various "x days in a row" badges.  And it's definitely logins, not posts.

Message 5 of 8 (648 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict I was wondering if there was a counter, or do I have to keep track of it myself?
Message 6 of 8 (599 Views)

@UnwaryCoin  There's no counter that you can see, but you don't need to actively keep track—just look at the date you earned the last badge.  Then you can count forward to when you should earn the next one, and add maybe 20% as a margin of error, because the count always lags behind.

In case you haven't seen it yet, you can view your badges, and the dates you earned them, by clicking on your username and then View More, next to Badges in the upper right corner of the screen.

Message 7 of 8 (594 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Thanks again!
Message 8 of 8 (507 Views)