Re: 50% discount marketing

by KaliseDerretido

Original Post

Accepted Solution

50% discount marketing

★ Novice

I just bought BF1 Deluxe edition using the ORIGIN50 discount. This apparently does not work on BF1, and at no point even at checkout, was I informed of this. 

Discount offer

As the advertisement clearly states, I will get a 50% discount at checkout. There is no asterisk or any indication otherwise.

After chatting with customer assistant nr 1, he left me hanging and closed the case without notiftying me.

Nr.2 basicly gave me the same bogus answers, lied to me, then closed the case again.

I tried to get transferred to a manager or someone with actual power, but only got referred to the "forums," wich I guess is this place..

A full refund is not an option. I expect to be compensated 50% of the sales sum, either by bank transfer or store credit.

Attached are both of the transcripts in PDF.

Thanks in advance,

Ole

Message 1 of 5 (479 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Beechash

I can confirm that pre-orders are not part of this promotion. The full details are below, specifics in bold:

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES SEPTEMBER 22, 2016 10:00 AM PDT. VALID FOR NEW PURCHASES FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT www.origin.com AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (www.origin.com/about). VALUE OF DISCOUNT WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM PRODUCT LIST PRICE AT TIME OF PURCHASE. EXCLUDES STAR WARS™ THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY, GAME TIME CODES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS. VALID WHEREVER PRODUCTS ARE SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTIONAL OR DISCOUNT OFFER, UNLESS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY EA; MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY PREPAID CARD REDEEMABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR APPLICABLE SALES TAX. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SEE APPLICABLE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS AND DISCLOSURES ON http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

If you would like to now cancel your pre-order then you can do so by clicking your name in the lower-left corner of the Origin Client and then selecting EA Account and Billing.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (460 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am sorry to say this but it is completely your fault.

Another user asked on another post if the promo code was valid for the Battlefield 1 game so I tried to buy it using the ORIGIN50 code and the store CLEARLY said in RED that the product was not compatible with the promotion. 

As you can see on the image linked below, this is what it says.

https://gyazo.com/1a3d783a5e5e5e2768a202683c5c362a

Again, sorry to say this, but it is your fault for not paying enough attention. Also, it is a pre-order, nobody will sell at 50% off a game that did not even launch yet... 

Message 2 of 5 (463 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Beechash

I can confirm that pre-orders are not part of this promotion. The full details are below, specifics in bold:

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES SEPTEMBER 22, 2016 10:00 AM PDT. VALID FOR NEW PURCHASES FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT www.origin.com AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (www.origin.com/about). VALUE OF DISCOUNT WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM PRODUCT LIST PRICE AT TIME OF PURCHASE. EXCLUDES STAR WARS™ THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY, GAME TIME CODES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS. VALID WHEREVER PRODUCTS ARE SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTIONAL OR DISCOUNT OFFER, UNLESS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY EA; MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY PREPAID CARD REDEEMABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR APPLICABLE SALES TAX. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SEE APPLICABLE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS AND DISCLOSURES ON http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

If you would like to now cancel your pre-order then you can do so by clicking your name in the lower-left corner of the Origin Client and then selecting EA Account and Billing.

Message 3 of 5 (461 Views)

★ Novice

i guess you did not read this part? its your fault for not reading what items does not entitle a discount.

even i knew that a new game that has not been released yet will not get the 50% discount its common sense  

Message 4 of 5 (422 Views)

★★ Novice

But do i get off wiht rainbow six siege?

Message 5 of 5 (381 Views)