48 hours+ and order still 'processing'

by Fimbulhoeggr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

48 hours+ and order still 'processing'

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I bought the KotFE pack for SWTOR more than 48 hours ago and still have not received the product activation. This is outrageous by now. I can't believe you'd have to wait for more than TWO DAYS to have access to a digital purchase. This has NEVER happened to me on Steam and this being my first purchase in Origin I'm certain to never buy anything from you ever again.

I already talked a day ago by chat to one of your representatives, which didn't help at all and only told me to wait for another 24 hours.

After this is solved, I'm done with buying games from this * platform. I also expect some kind of compensation which is the least you can do for such a slow and ineffective purchasing and poor support processes.

Message 1 of 8 (2,836 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 48 hours+ and order still 'processing'

Hi, @Fimbulhoeggr

Keep in mind that an activation can take upto 3 days for some payment options. Also keep in mind that EA will not give any compensation because the terms of sale are not broken at this point. Please chek "terms of sale" in the origin store.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,935 Views)

All Replies

Hi, @Fimbulhoeggr

Keep in mind that an activation can take upto 3 days for some payment options. Also keep in mind that EA will not give any compensation because the terms of sale are not broken at this point. Please chek "terms of sale" in the origin store.

Message 2 of 8 (2,936 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Fimbulhoeggr @DarkBanishing

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that it's taken so long for your purchase to be completed. I just want to give you some further clarification on why this happened.

Whenever someone buys a product on the Origin store they will have their purchase verified. This is normally done automatically, and near instant. However, when a situation occurs where we can't automatically verify your payment (method) then we will have to process this manually, which can take up 72 hours. This is what you're currently experiencing.

Once you've been verified, it shouldn't occur for you again. I understand that doesn't take away the pain of the initial wait, but I hope that I was able to clarify the situation for you.

Message 3 of 8 (2,748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What you said does not clarify anything at all. This is all about an inefficient ordering process. I have used the SAME EXACT credit card lately in Steam, Battle,net AND Humble Bundle. Do you know the result? INSTANT access to the games I had just bought.

It's completely unacceptable that I can't have something that should be delivered instantly (and is, in ALL the other official gaming platforms I've used before with the exception of Origin). So how do you explain that? How does your company think of improving the already bad reputation it has when you treat your customers like this?

As a customer, I feel completely helpless. In less than 2 hours, it'll be 72 hours since I made my purchase, and still no update on the 'processing' status. I will wait for this to be over, because I can imagine that a refund will take no less than 2 weeks, and I'm sick and tired of waiting already. Note that I am never going to buy anything from the Origin platform again, and I will encourage anyone I know to do so too. I read that the purchase could take 72 hours when I made it, but I never thought it would really come to this when I am using the same exact payment method I used on other gaming platforms AND different online services. Your payment process is the worst experience I ever had buying something online.

I just hope for your company's sake that somene else is reading this, or that you can pass on to whoever corresponds the utter frustration one of your customers experienced. Your competition sure has a far better reputation, and that's for a reason.

Message 4 of 8 (2,726 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Fimbulhoeggr

Hi again,

I'm sorry to hear that your order still hasn't been fulfilled. If it's been over 72 hours since you've placed your order, then please reach out to an EA Advisor and they will investigate the problem for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

What you are experiencing is a rare occurrence with our payment system, I'm therefore sorry that you are experiencing this on your very first order. Please reach out to our dedicated customer service Advisors and they'll do their very best to resolve this for you.

Lastly, I do want to thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums.

Message 5 of 8 (2,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87, I already contacted one of your 'advisors' again and they are bullshitting me now. They say there is nothing they can do and passed the ball over to the SWTOR team, when this is clearly an issue with the Origin system. Now, I have no way to contact SWTOR support, since there is no support at all for my country or region. I can't contact them as a subscriber, because EA does DOES NOT PROCESS my subscription order, and THERE IS NOT a support option for non-subscribers.

So since your advisors did 'their best' to solve my problem, how do you plan to give me some solution?

Edit: EA_Tom tagged

Message 6 of 8 (2,689 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Fimbulhoeggr

Hi,

I'm sorry that we've taken up so much of your time. You're absolutely right that this should have been handled instantly and we've clearly failed you there.

My advise was going to be that it would be easiest to just try the order another time. I've noticed that you've since done this, and that it was successful. I do want to add there that at this point I don't know why the first order wouldn't go through.

Lastly, I hope that you're enjoying the expansion pack.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 8 (2,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue right now but for sims 4 island living.. purchased on the 16th June.. now 21st and it is still being processed yet they've taken the money.. go figure!!" Unhappy is an understatement. I have all the other expansions and game packs for the sims 4 and never ever had this issue.. which were all ordered the same way online through origin.

Message 8 of 8 (2,342 Views)