Re: 3 Mass Effect 2 DLC won't Install on Origin

by jpegJustice

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Thanks for the information, that makes a lot more sense now Standard smile I'll just download the stuff from the BioWare Social site since it shows up now that I've linked to Origin, and I'll get back to you if there's anymore problems. 

Also, if I wanted to purchase DLC for ME2, would I buy it from Origin and it would show up on the website? Just wondering since there isn't a buy option from the site

Message 11 of 26 (1,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@jpegJustice

I see now that certain DLC has been removed from the website. I know that we are trying to centralize everything in Origin, which is likely why not everything is available anymore via the website (not handy, I know.. Frown)

I think my final recommendation at this time is to have your key swapped for an Origin key via a Game Advisor, if this is something you would be ok with. This should allow you to immediately download or buy the DLC via Origin without further issues.

Do get back to me should you have further questions.

Message 12 of 26 (1,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Thanks for your recommendation, but I wouldn't be able to switch to an Origin key since the game is actually my brothers, and we share the game and it's DLC's through the Steam library family sharing. It's too bad, but I guess it's fine

<: ) Thanks for all of the help anyways

Message 13 of 26 (1,418 Views)

EA DICE Team

@jpegJustice

Thanks for getting back to me. Should your brother wish to transfer his game to Origin in the future then you know what to do.. Standard smile

I hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Message 14 of 26 (1,405 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Cool, maybe he can do that sometime Standard smile Anyways, I think the problem is solved, so I'll contact you some time in the future if I need further assistance. The solution button isn't really showing up right now, but when it does, I'll finish this all up ^_^ Nice talking to you!

Message 15 of 26 (1,387 Views)

EA DICE Team

@jpegJustice

It is good to know that we seemed to have gotten there in the end. When DLC for one of our older games doesn't work it can be hard to solve sometimes. I want to thank you for sticking with us through the whole process! I already marked one of the posts as a solution (I had trouble choosing which one..) so that is why you are unable to.

Zenikay, it's been a pleasure. If you ever need help again then I hope you know where to find me Standard smile

Have a nice day,

Message 16 of 26 (1,380 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue but as my issue basically has the same title I'll add it here.

My issue is when trying to either purchase or download any DLC for mass effect 2 via the origin program, or any games I own as I tested it across the board, origin opens a pop up window which will crashes and say error 404.

Help? Frown

Message 17 of 26 (1,255 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Olly_TCGaming

Can you try clearing the Origin cache and running as administrator? It would also help me if you could show a screenshot of the error message.

In the meantime, I would also advise to check out our Origin Support thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Complete-Support-Origin/td-p/5017968#Origin

Message 18 of 26 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also had a similar issue where I couldn't get the Mass Effect 2 DLC to download through Origin.  I talked to a EA techie and we came to the conclusion that because I had ME2 installed with all the DLC on my computer already (not through Origin), Origin recognized the DLC as already installed even though it wasn't through Origin.  The solution was to uninstall ME2 on my computer and just have it through Origin.  After I uninstalled ME2 I downloaded and installed ME2 through Origin and the DLC downloaded and installed.  I did find a few of the DLC items would get stuck at 0% and not download.  I just restarted Origin again and they started the download.  Not ideal but it worked! Standard smile 

Message 19 of 26 (1,181 Views)

EA DICE Team

@chiefnot

That's very helpful information - thanks for sharing!

How have you been enjoying Mass Effect 2 in the meantime? And are you looking forward to Andromeda? Standard smile

Message 20 of 26 (1,162 Views)