Re: 3 Dollars Charged to Debit Card, By EA help, that is NOT saved in EA Account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

3 Dollars Charged to Debit Card, By EA help, that is NOT saved in EA Account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently made a purchase on Apex Legends to my credit card. My credit card information is saved on my account. What is not saved is my debit card information. Today I was charged $3 by EA Help on my debit card.  

Before I made my purchase on Apex Legends, I attempted THREE times to make a purchase by inputting my debit card information, until I ridiculously realized Apex Legends only accepts Credit Card information. 

What do I do?

Message 1 of 2 (564 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: 3 Dollars Charged to Debit Card, By EA help, that is NOT saved in EA Account

Community Manager

Hey @Byron_Banquo those charges are most likely pre-authorisation charges which are a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (541 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @Byron_Banquo those charges are most likely pre-authorisation charges which are a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (542 Views)