Dot.: 0xc00007b error

by selmuselma

Original Post

0xc00007b error

★★ Novice

Hello! 

So I've downloaded Origin, however i cannot install it because 0xc00007b error keeps popping up. I've followed a lot of tips posted here and on some other places, but nothing has worked yet. I was hoping that there could be another answer to this or if this is a problem with Origin itself. 

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (734 Views)

★★★ Expert

The solution might be to enable Windows component services, select the NET Framework, and reinstall.

Control panel - Uninstall a program - Disable / enable component services

In this box, select all .NET Framework and reinstall them. Below you will find links to the official Microsoft website.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

It also may be caused by  pending Windows updates, you can also reinstall the application before clearing its cache, then run the downloaded installer as the administrator.

If you already tried this, please let us know, what have you tried to resolve this issue.

Cheers,

/crispo

Message 2 of 8 (722 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately that didn't help. I also tried the Visual C++ fix and that didn't work either.

Message 3 of 8 (696 Views)

★★★ Expert

@selmuselma 

Have you checked this topic on  forum? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Error-0xc000007b-0xc000012f/m-p/4710208...

Can you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and try running the vcredist setup packages at the bottom of the file, if yuy havn't done this yet?

Cheers,

/crispo

Message 4 of 8 (681 Views)

★★ Novice

The thing is that i can't even install it. The error popps up when i try to open OriginThinSetup.

Message 5 of 8 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@selmuselma

Have you installed both (x64 & x86) VC++ versions?

Is your OS fully up to date?

Message 6 of 8 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah, I've installed both and it is up to date

Message 7 of 8 (656 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @selmuselma can you try repairing your VC++installation to see if that makes a difference?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (388 Views)