by CMeki

Original Post

Re: HOW TO ADD A GAME ALREADY INSTALLED

★★ Novice

didnt work for me

Message 331 of 462 (19,423 Views)

Re: HOW TO ADD A GAME ALREADY INSTALLED

★★ Novice

Touchup doesn't do anything, I can click on it and run it as admin, but nothing at all happens.

Message 332 of 462 (19,186 Views)

Re: Origin - Moving Games to Another Hard Drive or System

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Now we had all trio kwek kwek to ruin our day.. lazy EA, stupid Origin, & ignorance Dice 

[EA_Lanna: Removed ALL CAPS SPAM]

Message 333 of 462 (1,373 Views)

Re: Moving My Origin Games To Another Hard Drive

★★★★ Novice

Hi @Straatford87.

So...after all this time, I had a situation which was similar to the requirement to "move" my games directory. But I'll explain in a moment.

Firstly, with regards to the news and announcements link, it doesn't work. I'll do a search later and see if I can find the actual page. Angel

2018-02-12_21-39-03.png

Anyway...back on topic.

I found myself recently with a severely sick Windows 10 Creators Update Edition installation on the same machine I have all my Origin games installed from way back when I posted in this thread. So...after finding the root cause to be a poorly installed nVidia driver and finding that nothing could clean the mess it had created up, I blew away my Windows 10 installation on my C: drive and re-installed from fresh.

Problem: I had to re-install Origin!

Challenge: Origin needs to accept my old (new) games directory location!

So after making sure Windows was stable again with the latest nVidia drivers installed on a clean Windows build, I installed Origin. Of course, it defaulted to the C: drive to where it was looking for games. I changed this under Origin -> Application Settings -> Installs & Saves. I changed Game Library Location to the old (or new in this case) F:\Origin Games directory where Battlefield 1, Mass Effect 2, Plants vs Zombies GW2 Deluxe Edition and Star Wars Battlefront II Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition was already installed.

Results were a mixed bag but at least better than a whole game download.

a) Battlefield 1 - Hit the download link and had fingers crossed that Origin will recognize its all these. Well...it kind of did. It did a LOT of disk I/O and showed 0% downloaded when I hit the Download icon. At this point, I was wondering if this was going to work at all! After some time, it jumped from 0% to 79% and then continued to download from there. I am not sure what it found to be "different" but the last time I started Origin before the machine crashed, there was nothing massive to download. Anyway, onto the next game.

b) Mass Effect 2 - Hit the download link and again 0%, lots of disk I/O thrashing constantly and then it also jumped to 79% and started downloading all sorts of things for it...like new add-on content. I am not sure why Origin didn't pick these things up before as ME2 is quite old. Anyway...it finished eventually.

c) Plants vs Zombies GW2 - Hit the download link and again lots of disk I/O but it went to complete SO MUCH FASTER and jumped to 100%. YAY!

d) Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Hit the download link, 0%, lots of disk I/O. 79%. Doh.

As you can see...its not quite perfect and considering I really didn't copy/move the files from the game directory, one would have thought the Origin client would just pick it up and say...all the files look ok. CRC checks ok. So...we should leave it alone. Right? Wrong. We had to find something to download.

So unless Origin had a massive 20% update to the 3 games above (I still can't understand why Origin client didn't pickup updates to ME2 previously before my Windows crashed and burned)...and this was in the period of .... maybe 2 weeks ago since I started Origin client again.

Just to compare. I re-installed the Steam Client.

Steam didn't think I had games in the games library. I jumped into its configuration pages and added the drive/directory where I had my games installed. INSTANT recognition of my games. The only one needing an update was Middle Earth - Shadow of War which was to be expected as its a fairly new game.

Still some work to do on Origin's part, me thinks. Hope this helps.

Message 334 of 462 (1,365 Views)

EA DICE Team

@StarvedCookie

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to go into detail.

We're actively checking out a better system right now. We've received good feedback from yourself, and similar previous posts. We will provide an update when more information is available.

Message 335 of 462 (1,404 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No worries, @Straatford87. Look forward to the update.

Message 336 of 462 (1,817 Views)

Re: reconnecting origin to a installed game

★ Novice

Well of course Origin developers downt give a flying F... about what we say. THey are making enough money to just ignore this s***. I have sent so many emails about their * Gaming Platform, but did i ever recieve anything back? Nope. Not even solution suggestions. EA has become the biggest piece of rotton buls**** on this plante, just see what they did with Battlefront II, a piece of * game. Battlefield 1, a pice of * Game. I uninstalled everything about EA and only purchase Games from Steam, Blizzard or UPlay. Origin is dead to me

Message 337 of 462 (4,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@BushBomber2353

I do not know to who you've been sending emails, but usually you contact support via phone or live chat.

Did you try the things posted in here?

If you have posted on the forum before, and why this thread might not have that many solutions, is that this is the EA Access board. For Xbox. Xbox does not have Origin. If you have an issue with Origin and want help on the forum, please make a post here, on the Origin - Technical problems board. Explain your problem and what you've tried already and we'll try to make the client work for you Standard smile

Message 338 of 462 (4,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked THX! 

The fact that that was so easy pisses me off even more. Get it together Origin.

Message 339 of 462 (4,355 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi lodhar, im gonna need ur help here.

To do this, do i need to download the game first, pause then paste the game files then restart the download and then proceed with this method u have given. And by command line do u mean cmd.exe or something else? And how do i Open a command line in the directory "__Installer"?

Thanks.
Message 340 of 462 (4,240 Views)