need to contact EA/Origin Support

by herbs2007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

need to contact EA/Origin Support

★★ Novice

I am having trouble contact the support centre for Ea/origin. I am from Australia and need to unlock/uninstall sims 4 and reinstall it to my account and take off my childs account. I didn't relise you cant buy online games from my childs account. I cant even make changes to his account. So I created a new Origin account and cant buy expansion packs unless I have the base game installed fist but the sims 4 game is on my childs account which I cant change. Well I tried to uninstall it but its still there and when I try to install it on my account its saying code already used. Please help so I can get expansion packs to this sims 4 game I purchased from a retail shop.

Belinda

Message 1 of 11 (1,370 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: need to contact EA/Origin Support

★★ Novice
That's ok i am not going to worry now about the expansion pack now too much hassle I have already wasted alot of time on this. The online purchase is much cheaper then the copy from the shop so my son will have to just stick to the base game for now.

Thanks anyhow for your replies.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (1,350 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@herbs2007 Hey, can you gift the expansions to the child account?

https://help.ea.com/en-nz/help/origin/origin/origin-gifting-issues-and-workarounds/

Hopefully this is enough to bypass the issue, but you mention not being able to reach out to support. How is it failing, or what problem are you having? Do you get an error message?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,356 Views)

★★ Novice
I have not got error msg I tried to ring on the 1800 number but waiting too long after 40min. So hope I don't get a big ph bill from my mobile. I also tried to contact on the chat line and no one responded.

So r u saying I can buy the expansion pack on my adult account and send it to my sons account but I don't think we r linked or not sure how to do it. I have set my childs account up and used the same email as my account
Message 3 of 11 (1,351 Views)

Community Manager

Is the other account in your friends list? If you click the little arrow on the buy button for the expansion, you'll see an option to gift. It'll bring you to a page which will gift your giftee options, hopefully the other account will be visible there. 

As for contacting, was 1800 894823 the number you were contacting?  If you do need to call, using a VOIP service might help save on call costs. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 11 (1,349 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes i did try to buy the pack as a gift by clicking on the side but I could not find my sons user name. So how ever I set my sons account up could be the problem. He is only 9 so not happy he can not access anything on his account. So can I only download cd on his account from the shop. Also yes that was the number I tried to call a few time this week but I was just put on hold for too long. It said 15min wait and i waited over 40min and hung up. Not happy about the service or how you have to have accounts just to play games and have restrictions .
Message 5 of 11 (1,340 Views)

★★ Novice
I purchased sims 4 from the shop and its installed on my sons account and all I want to do is buy expansion pack but he has no access cos I now relise he is under age for buying games online so I set up account on mine but I don't have sim4 So i tried Uninstaller it from my sins account and tried to put it on mine but it said code already used. So does this mean I can't get expansion packs on line and i have to install it on my sons account only?
Message 6 of 11 (1,336 Views)

Community Manager

Yes, I went and created a child account to try test this myself, unfortunately at this time there's not a way to make a digital purchase for a child account.

The other option would be to purchase a physical copy and redeem the code on the appropriate account. 

Sorry that I couldn't assist more. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 11 (1,331 Views)

★★ Novice
That's ok i am not going to worry now about the expansion pack now too much hassle I have already wasted alot of time on this. The online purchase is much cheaper then the copy from the shop so my son will have to just stick to the base game for now.

Thanks anyhow for your replies.
Message 8 of 11 (1,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie
need phone # pogo
Message 9 of 11 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie
cant I get a phone # for help
Message 10 of 11 (1,189 Views)