Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Will I keep BF3 if I decide to buy BF3 Premium on current EA access membership?

by woehoeje221

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Will I keep BF3 if I decide to buy BF3 Premium on current EA access membership?

★★★★ Novice

So I currently have BF3 trough my EA access membership. If I would like to upgrade my game to the premium edition, while on the membership, will I still be able to play the game after the membership has ended? I am asking this because the Premium edition counts as a DLC but can also be bought as a full game..

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2 (364 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will I keep BF3 if I decide to buy BF3 Premium on current EA access membersh

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @woehoeje221, you mention BF3 Premium Edition at the start but then said it counts as a DLC. BF3 Premium Edition and BF3 Premium are different things so just to cover those bases I'll answer for both.  

BF3 Premium is a deal offering exclusively DLC content. It does not include the base game. Dlc's need the base game in order to run. If you do not own the base game, you would not be able to access the dlc content in order to play it. So with that in mind: 

• If you own the base game  = Yes, you will be able to access BF3 premium dlc after your EA Access subscription ends. 
  • If you don't own the BF3 Base Game/are using EA Access to play BF3 from *The Vault = No, you will not be able to play the BF3 Premium after your EA Access subscription ends.

*The Vault games are only accessible to players with EA Access membership, once that expires/ends so does access to those games. To keep playing them outside of EA Access, you would need to buy them. 

Or maybe you are asking about BF3 Premium Edition. BF3 Premium Edition includes the BF3 game and some extras (see spoiler tag). If you are buying BF3 Premium Edition you should be able to continue playing it after your EA Access Membership subscription finishes.

Spoiler

The Battlefield 3 Premium Edition includes:

• Battlefield 3.
  • Battlefield 3 Premium membership: includes five digital expansion packs (Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand, Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, Battlefield 3: End Game and the newly announced Battlefield 3: Aftermath) which introduce a massive amount of content including 20 new maps and weapons, four new game modes and more. Players will also receive new soldier and weapon camos, deeper personalization options, and advanced features making for the ultimate Battlefield 3 experience.
  • Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Head-Start KitThis kit will automatically unlock 15 different weapons, gadgets and vehicle upgrades so new players can immediately jump in.

I hope that answered your question. Hit the "Accept as Solution" button if it did or pop a post underneath if it didn't and I'll do my best to help with that. Also check out the EA Help Article "Learn about EA Access" for more information on EA Access .

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (346 Views)

All Replies

Re: Will I keep BF3 if I decide to buy BF3 Premium on current EA access membersh

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @woehoeje221, you mention BF3 Premium Edition at the start but then said it counts as a DLC. BF3 Premium Edition and BF3 Premium are different things so just to cover those bases I'll answer for both.  

BF3 Premium is a deal offering exclusively DLC content. It does not include the base game. Dlc's need the base game in order to run. If you do not own the base game, you would not be able to access the dlc content in order to play it. So with that in mind: 

• If you own the base game  = Yes, you will be able to access BF3 premium dlc after your EA Access subscription ends. 
  • If you don't own the BF3 Base Game/are using EA Access to play BF3 from *The Vault = No, you will not be able to play the BF3 Premium after your EA Access subscription ends.

*The Vault games are only accessible to players with EA Access membership, once that expires/ends so does access to those games. To keep playing them outside of EA Access, you would need to buy them. 

Or maybe you are asking about BF3 Premium Edition. BF3 Premium Edition includes the BF3 game and some extras (see spoiler tag). If you are buying BF3 Premium Edition you should be able to continue playing it after your EA Access Membership subscription finishes.

Spoiler

The Battlefield 3 Premium Edition includes:

• Battlefield 3.
  • Battlefield 3 Premium membership: includes five digital expansion packs (Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand, Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, Battlefield 3: End Game and the newly announced Battlefield 3: Aftermath) which introduce a massive amount of content including 20 new maps and weapons, four new game modes and more. Players will also receive new soldier and weapon camos, deeper personalization options, and advanced features making for the ultimate Battlefield 3 experience.
  • Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Head-Start KitThis kit will automatically unlock 15 different weapons, gadgets and vehicle upgrades so new players can immediately jump in.

I hope that answered your question. Hit the "Accept as Solution" button if it did or pop a post underneath if it didn't and I'll do my best to help with that. Also check out the EA Help Article "Learn about EA Access" for more information on EA Access .

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (347 Views)

Play upcoming Xbox One games before the release date, and save 10 percent on all EA digital purchases.

View more on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help