Why do I keep getting random EA security code texts?

by mygreeneyes75

Original Post

Re: Why do I keep getting random EA security code texts?

★★★ Newbie

Switched texts over to email, guess what? More security codes spamming my email.

15+ fraudulent security code emails in the last week.

Message 21 of 37 (12,170 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone know if there's a way to do BOTH the App Authenticator and Text Verification? My account has been compromised before by a Russian user and now I been getting verification texts randomly in Russian commonly and i just wanted that extra layer of security to make sure its secure... 

Message 22 of 37 (11,915 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just started getting these as well now.
I've gotten 2 since last night.

Good thing I've got my phone linked to my account, otherwise they would have gotten in.

EA can't do anything against this. The login info was leaked from somewhere else (as is mostly the case) or sheer bruteforce (unlikely).

As long as you've got the verification via text (or whatever you pick), your account is secure (unless they spoof your sim-card, which won't happen without them being insane tricky and lucky, with contacting your provider - I'd love to hear some Russian dude try to make a Danish provider believe that they are me.. lol).

Message 23 of 37 (11,859 Views)

Re: Security Code In Russian?

★★★★★ Novice
What I want to know is why isn't EA addressing this? We shouldn't have to send them a ticket. They should be spamming us with solutions (not just precautions).
Message 24 of 37 (53,682 Views)

★★ Novice

I got this as well. I'm tempted to delete my ea account. i never use origin and if it poses a security risk wtf is the point

Message 25 of 37 (53,113 Views)

★★ Novice
This is happening to me as well. I am set up for email codes ONLY and I get tons of text messages randomly. Sounds like someone got a hold of the phone numbers for verification purposes... No one is accessing my account and I have changed my login information multiple times and it happens more now than ever.
Message 26 of 37 (11,601 Views)

Re: Russian Text

★ Novice

Thank you so much, this helped me out.

Message 27 of 37 (25,248 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same problem here. Got hacked during the Origin Hackpocalypse last year, now I'm getting endless SMS requests. I'd set it to google 2fa but they obviously had an exploit to that last year and now I don't trust origin's implementation.

They really need to get a fix for this, the only advice support will give is to change password, which will do nothing to stop the spam.
Message 28 of 37 (11,425 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah these things are doing my head in now! Frown.

Message 29 of 37 (11,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Someone's actually managed to purchase a game using my account. I've received a suspension on my account for "illicit activity" aka cheating on the game they purchased. I've tried and tried contacting EA but I get some stupid automated message. Ridiculous
Message 30 of 37 (48,499 Views)