by foxx-fennec

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Forgot Security Question Answer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I would like to change my username, but I cannot for the life of me remember the answer to my security question. I have seen other posts where people have been directed to contact EA support when they could not access their account and had forgotten their security question, but it seems there should be a simpler solution in my case because I am still able to access my account. I know my password, and the email address associated with my account is current. I can log in just fine but cannot change any info on my profile because I can't remember the answer to my security question.

I did a password reset on my account, hoping that would give me an option to reset my security question, but unfortunately it did not. I read somewhere that I can use a security code sent to me for Login Verification instead of answering my security question; however, I do not have Login Verification enabled and cannot find a way to enable it without first answering my security question.

I cannot contact Live Chat for help with this issue. It does not work on my computer. I attempted to contact Live Chat for help with a different issue last month, and it would always just get stuck and hang attempting to connect, even if left for well over an hour. It does not appear to be a browser issue, as I tried three different browsers and encountered this issue with all of them.

Is there any way I can reset my security question without calling EA support, since I am able to log in to my account and my account email is current, or do I have no choice but to call them?

EDIT: I finally managed to figure out the answer to my security question, but I am leaving this post open until a solution is posted in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

Message 1 of 5 (489 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Forgot Security Question Answer

Community Manager

@foxx-fennec Thanks for updating your post, it's good that you got this sorted out. 

Unfortunately there's no way past the requirement to make contact. Perhaps if you try a different device or a different connection (in case there's an issue with your connection) you can reach out to support, but hopefully that won't be needed. 

Anyone who stumbles across this thread who needs to contact support can start here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (549 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@foxx-fennec Thanks for updating your post, it's good that you got this sorted out. 

Unfortunately there's no way past the requirement to make contact. Perhaps if you try a different device or a different connection (in case there's an issue with your connection) you can reach out to support, but hopefully that won't be needed. 

Anyone who stumbles across this thread who needs to contact support can start here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Message 2 of 5 (550 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

hi

how u manage this problem 

Message 3 of 5 (323 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem and I can't figure the solution ,so how did you figure it?
Message 4 of 5 (251 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @mazenashraf87,

I do apologize for any confusion caused. Did you forgot the FUT security question of the EA Account one? 

If you forgot the FUT security question, but have access to your trusted device you can reset it by following the steps in this article.

If you forgot the answer to your EA accounts security question, then you will not be able to reset yourself and would need to reach out to our support. 

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
3. Select your platform  
4. Select topic and issue.
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

- Kristi

Message 5 of 5 (244 Views)

Play upcoming Xbox One games before the release date, and save 10 percent on all EA digital purchases.

View more on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help