"Missing Content" in DAOU though purchased

by cosmoblivion

Original Post

"Missing Content" in DAOU though purchased

★★★★★ Guide

Star OTHER CAMPAIGNS missing: Star

Up until 2-3 days ago, I had all the DLC playable (& being played currently) of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, which I have purchased 3 different wayys over the years;

• ...first purchased in xbox 360 in 2011 or 2012;
  • then I purchased the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate game in Steam 2014? or thereabouts & played 200 hours in that version;
  • then added DAO to Origin, later receiving the ultimate as part of my Basic membership... I think I became a Basic member before it was called that.

I have been in AnswersHQ trying out the tips to fix this but nothing works so far. Disappointed

So I am making a new post:

24- 50 hours ago, I was happily enjoying playing Dragon Age Origins Ultimate again. All the signs of my DLC working and nothing untoward in the opening where one chooses to resume, start a new game or load another game.

Then, the "other campaigns" button became greyed out. I also received an error message the first time, which explained that the game I was currently in the midst of would not play because content was missing.Broken heart

I have been playing via the Origin launcher. I noticed that there were three versions of the game in my game library! Had not seen that before, in addtition to this 'missing content'. So I thought maybe the computer is reading the other campaigns as missing because there are too many versions of the game. I had to contact support & the friendly person helped me to get back to only one game....

But when I reopened everything.... the "other campaigns" link was still greyed out. Computer

I began trying all the AnswersHQ ideas (in several threads).... I have uninstalled the game too many times now to count. I turned off Origin uninstalled the game there and I switched to Steam hoping that would work. Nope.

But I see it is an issue, with a lot of peeps! recently.

Tonight I realised that the DAO server continues to go down for others...and to be honest, I only noticed this because when trying another solution to manually add my DLC, I noticed that actually I was receiving a signal on the Opening screen saying the server is unavailable right now; and please try again later.

I have had that experience happen over the years with DAO, but more so since this past August.

So, my question is: is the server down the actual issue?

and would I be better off setting aside my beloved past time of reliving DAO until this gets fixed?

Thanks to all the devs and tech support at EA! Heart

I am so appreciative of your commitment to my favorite games! Party hat

xo Wondering:eahigh_file:

[PS: If it matters I have a 6month old XPS8930 with a lot of gaming goodies including Nvidia ever updated.]

Message 1 of 5 (484 Views)

Re: "Missing Content" in DAOU though purchased

★★★★★ Guide
PS: Here are my computer's specs:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: XPS 8930
BIOS: 1.0.13 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8002MB RAM
Page File: 7790MB used, 5588MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode
Message 2 of 5 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Also, know that I have hours into this attempt to 'fix' the missing DLC. At this point, I am probably responsible for 1/2 the views on the posts in here! (jus' joking...sorta). I have been handing out xp for the prob being well described and for any suggestions that seem closer to the mark...
but yeah, so much for gettting to replay DAOU in order to get the feel again for a fanfic I have been writing Frown T_T
Message 3 of 5 (451 Views)

Hero

The server downside issue is for consoles only, I think.

You said you tried everything, but to be clear, have you tried downloading the DLC from this page? That's much more reliable than Origin's own installer. The files that use the dazip extension require you to use daupdater.exe, which is in the game's installation folder.

@cosmoblivion wrote:
  • then added DAO to Origin, later receiving the ultimate as part of my Basic membership... I think I became a Basic member before it was called that.

I think you should have gotten the Ultimate edition when registering its Steam key to Origin.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@cosmoblivion;  Answered you in your other topic on this same subject.  Download the files from the "Legacy DLC" page and install them as I described.  :eahigh_file:

(Oh, and maybe learn to use the "Edit" function instead of creating a new post to add a sentence or two...)

Message 5 of 5 (426 Views)