"Failed to detect supported video card"

by TSF_Onemdark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Failed to detect supported video card"

★ Novice

so i reading all these posts about not detecting video cards ive reinstalled the game updated all drivers the works even went into the config and tryed the diffrent rez settings and nothing is working ... ive got over 100 hours on this game love it had to wipe and reinstall comp and now it stopps working wtf over i attached a config report i saved from config program and here are my comp specs...

intel quad core i7

20 gigs of ram

64bit windows 7 (all updates)

amd radeon hd 7700 series

direct x 11 installed

Message 1 of 9 (13,736 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Failed to detect supported video card"

Community Manager

@TSF_Onemdark Hi,this is normally a resolution issue with a misleading error message.

Fortunately it should be easy enough to resolve. Go to your Dragon Age folder and open the DAOriginsConfig.exe. Adjust your video settings so they match your monitor and you should be good to go. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (16,293 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TSF_Onemdark Hi,this is normally a resolution issue with a misleading error message.

Fortunately it should be easy enough to resolve. Go to your Dragon Age folder and open the DAOriginsConfig.exe. Adjust your video settings so they match your monitor and you should be good to go. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (16,294 Views)

★ Novice
Ok so I figured it out apparently with it on direct x 11 the config file will not let me swap res settings after I ran the config as a admin and changed it to direct x 9 I was able,to mess with the res settings and get it to start
Message 3 of 9 (13,716 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update, let us know how you get on. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (13,713 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. My resolution settings match my monitor already but the game still says it can't detect a supported Graphics card I'm using is and AMD Radeon R9 380

Message 5 of 9 (13,582 Views)

★ Novice
Could you please explain how exactly you did it? I could not make the game run in DX9 mode even after running config as an admin
Message 6 of 9 (11,926 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@thor31416 wrote:
Could you please explain how exactly you did it? I could not make the game run in DX9 mode even after running config as an admin

@thor31416; AFAIK, you are correct.  DAO and DA2 supported DX9, but DAI only supports DX10-and-above.  (In fact, DX10 is listed as one of the minimum system requirements.)

Message 7 of 9 (11,916 Views)

Dragon Age: Origin won't launch. Error :'Failed to detect supported video card.'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi all,

I bought Dragon Age: Origin yesterday. I ran into the problem that I cannot start the game in full screen mode at all. Instead I get error message quoted in the topic's title. I attached the DxDiag.txt and mymsinfo.txt to this topic.

I tried using the NVIDIA control panel to get the game to use the GeForce GTX 1050 over the integrated Intel HD Graphics card without success.

Any help would be appreciated dealing with this issue.

Message 8 of 9 (11,765 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Origin won't launch. Error :'Failed to detect supported video ca

Community Manager

@Tobatin

I have merged your post here and removed your MSInfo file as that can potentially contain personal information.

Please try the steps above and let us know how you get on, thanks.

barry.png
Message 9 of 9 (11,754 Views)