Re: dragonage mac

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

dragonage mac

★ Novice

I want to know why I can't purchase Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition for Mac. I have only Dragon Age II and I can't go any further and miss the first game and the last. It is quite annoying because I miss a whole bunch of story lines and progress in the game.

On the Bioware site of EA for Dragon Age there are 3 links to buy Dragon Age Origin, but 1 link (GameTree) isn't available anymore and the other two links (Direct2Drive and GamersGate) don't have the game at all.

Is there any possibility that the game Origin and Inquisition is coming soon available also for the Mac???

With kind regards,

Niels.

Message 1 of 2 (1,599 Views)

Re: dragonage mac

[ Edited ]
Hero

Dragon Age Origins used to be available for Mac, but it looks like no new copies are being printed to discs and there is no online client that sells the Mac version. I believe it to be abandonware.

Dragon Age Inquisition has not been released on Mac because the engine it runs on, Frostbite 3, has not been ported. The engine runs on DirectX 11 and Mantle (though Mantle support was excluded from Battlefront), both of which aren't available on Mac, and I think a port to OpenGL may be too costly to justify a release for a small market. Maybe once Vulkan has a wide release, Dice may port Frostbite to Mac and Linux, but that's still speculation at this point.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (1,584 Views)