Re: dragon age origins xbox one issue.

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dragon age origins xbox one issue.

★ Guide

i am playing the game on the xbox one and it has worked fine with little bugs or issues. but i have a bug that is well bugging me. i have the Soldier's Peak dlc and after finding the star ore and having the starfang sword made it shows up in my inventory but when i equip it the sword doesn't show up. if you seen the anime fate/stay night you know the character saber with Excalibur hidden with magic. well im guessing starfang is the dao's Excalibur because im holding an invisible sword. how do i fix this? is there even a fix or am i just going to have to pretend i have Excalibur?

Message 1 of 8 (3,104 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @iKillOrDieTryN

If Starfang is the Excalibur of the Dragon Age universe, then it has quite a nice shine to it Wondering

Starfang2.png

I've heard about a similar issue on PC, but not on Xbox One yet. Could you try these steps for me?

• Clear persistent storage - If console is wired connected, remove Ethernet cable. If console is wireless, Go to Settings > Network > Select their Network > Disconnect. Once it is back on, press Menu button > Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage three times.
  • Power cycle your console.
  • Reset your console but keep your games and apps.

Many thanks!

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (3,510 Views)

All Replies

Hey @iKillOrDieTryN

If Starfang is the Excalibur of the Dragon Age universe, then it has quite a nice shine to it Wondering

Starfang2.png

I've heard about a similar issue on PC, but not on Xbox One yet. Could you try these steps for me?

• Clear persistent storage - If console is wired connected, remove Ethernet cable. If console is wireless, Go to Settings > Network > Select their Network > Disconnect. Once it is back on, press Menu button > Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage three times.
  • Power cycle your console.
  • Reset your console but keep your games and apps.

Many thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (3,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

ill try it but it also does it to the sword you get from the DLC when you play as darkspawn. all you see is the poison green glow but if you add things like a lightning rune it will show the whole sword until you load another save point or restart the game. there are also bugs where entire areas turn black and you end up lost or thinking if you continue walking it will crash and you would get stuck. these bugs happen in the awaking DLC mostly.

i really like this game series i just wish DA2 was available on xbox one. from what i know it use to be for 2 weeks but someone at EA didn't give the Okay and made Microsoft pull it and now wont give the okay for some reason. Frown

EDIT it worked! it also fixed the darkspawn sword as well! i am going to play the story again now i can watch my blade remove the head of my enemies! lol

Message 3 of 8 (2,933 Views)

@iKillOrDieTryN

I'm very glad to know that it worked! Thanks for coming back to us and marking my post as an accepted solution Wink

It's also worth to remember those steps in case you would have similar issues in other games. We have limited troubleshooting for consoles, but it usually works like a charm Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 8 (2,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you for posting this I couldn’t find the solution anywhere.
Message 5 of 8 (2,908 Views)

★★ Novice
Downloading saved games from cloud storage...may take a while(fingers crossed)
Message 6 of 8 (2,906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LuxKill93 count yourself lucky. i just got a new xbox and i had to download my account plus all my games. took over 6 hours including the DLC

Message 7 of 8 (2,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This thread may be really old, but could you help me out with fixing this same issue on PC? I can't seem to find any answers elsewhere

Message 8 of 8 (1,742 Views)