dragon age origin

by Bruceroi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dragon age origin

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I just installed Dragon age Origin for the third time in my Laptop from Origin, with all the DLC's, and I can't save games. I mean, when I save, and try to load, there is no saving game,

I don't remember what I did to save games last time (I already have this games, but I can't erase it).

I research online and looks like I'm not the first with this problem, but the solution they found is to reinstall the game in another file. I reinstalled in C./User, instead of C:/program files.

Probably there is an easy solution.

thanks

Message 1 of 7 (718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: dragon age origin

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I just move the folder bioware from C: to D: and link it back to my folders, like a shortcut.

And it works

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (784 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Bruceroi Hey, moving the game to C:\user would be odd, installing to a Program Files or Origin Games folder is your best way forward. Using the default location is probably your best bet. 

If you're unfamiliar with how to move the game without a redownload please see this article: https://help.ea.com/en-za/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

As for your issue, if you make a save then try to immediately load it, is it available? Or does it disappear after restarting your game? If it only gets wiped when you restart the game, can you try putting Origin in offline mode? 

If this is ineffective can you go to My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters? Are you able to find this location or see a character save folder here?

Thanks, please let us know how you get on.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (707 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I check what you suggest and I believe it's not applicable to my case, I don't need to do a backup, I'm just trying to play again after a couple of years. So I don't really have a "backup" of my game with setting I know will work. So installation it's my only option.

There is where the problems come, I install the game properly, and I can play it properly, even if I try to save a game, I can. But when I try to load it, even seconds after saving it (quick save or regular save), the game doesn,'t appear. So I can't save, that the main thing.

I think the first time I found this problem Origin was offline, I put it online now to see if anything changes and I reinstalling it again in the first and proper location.

I can go to my character on my documents, and I found all of them except any character I wanna create now, I only have the ones I create years ago.

Message 3 of 7 (701 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, the article mentions backups, but you can use the steps in it to just move an existing install, so that you don't need to download fresh. 

In any case it sounds like the game is referencing the wrong save location. Was your older install a non-Origin one?

If you check your Programs & Features in the Control Panel is there a duplicate install of Dragon Age, by any chance?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (694 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Every time I install it and play it was on this laptop through origin.

I'm Installing it again now, I just realize the previous install folder was on C:/program files/origin games/dragon age/ bin_ship
And now I put on default, it is just in C:/program files/origin games

So I don't know if that was the problem with the saving route or not, let know it in 10 min, but I'm having much of hope.

could be something DiVx related?

Message 5 of 7 (691 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I just move the folder bioware from C: to D: and link it back to my folders, like a shortcut.

And it works

Message 6 of 7 (785 Views)

Community Manager

Good to know, if your saves are being correctly created/stored then I'm happy. Standard smile

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (664 Views)