Dragon Age: Origins disc read error

by Deathwalker26

Original Post

disc unreadable error on xbox 360

★★★ Newbie
So I couldn't find any answers for this on the BSN. Whenever I go into the Deep Roads for the second part of the "A Paragon of Her Kind" quest, I get a "disc unreadable" error on my Xbox 360. I have already cleaned and replaced the disc, and it won't allow me to install the game. I've also tried cleaning the cache on my Xbox ... I'm still getting the error. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 5 (2,229 Views)

Re: disc unreadable error on xbox 360

Community Manager (retired)

Hi g1ngerm00se,

Maybe the issue is with the game disc itself or with the console. By any chance, can you try your disc on a friend's console to see if the freeze occurs at the same place? 

If yes, you will need to contact  your retailer to get a new copy (If you bought the game on Origin, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor).

If the disc is not faulty then I would advise to check the following link:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/disc-drive/disc-drive-solution

Hope this will help!

Eve

Message 2 of 5 (2,225 Views)

★★ Novice

If you are going to clean a disk please use a scratch free cloth like a eye glass wipe and clean it gently.

Message 3 of 5 (2,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So far, I've tried cleaning with disc cleaning gel, I've returned the disc and bought another new copy (2nd one so far), and no other game triggers this problem with my Xbox 360. It is only at that point in the game. I have tried installing and uninstalling the entire game from the hard drive, and clearing the cache. 

Should I simply try to purchase a version from the game marketplace at this point?

Message 4 of 5 (2,115 Views)

Dragon Age: Origins disc read error

★★★ Newbie

I've been having problems for weeks trying to run the game on the 360.  It gets to the initial loading image, but then says it can't read the disc.  I've tried several times to clean the disc, but it just has the same error message even though its condition looks pristine.  Is there anything I can do, or do I just need to buy a new copy?

Message 5 of 5 (1,953 Views)