d3dx9_36.dll Missing error, when trying to run the game Dragon Age: Origin

by Goblinguine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

d3dx9_36.dll Missing error, when trying to run the game Dragon Age: Origin

★ Novice

Today i've tried installing Dragon Age: Origins on my Desktop PC (Windows 7 64 Bit Professional) 

But whenever I try to run the game I come up with the error:

"C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_36.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I'm finding it incredibly frustrating, I've searched the Web for hours to find a way to fix it. What I have done so far is:

• Re installing the game with no Anti-Virus / background programs running.
  • Re downloading DirectX
  • Running in WinXp Compatibility Pack 3 by going Dragon Age Icon > Properties > Compatibility

I'm not sure if I've tried everything possible because, I am not incredibly good with computers. So I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Even if it turns out I can't play it, I would just like to understand why.

Thank You :-)
Message 1 of 2 (4,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: d3dx9_36.dll Missing error, when trying to run the game Dragon Age: Origin

★★★★★ Expert
The game is totally unable to run with nothing other than Dx10 or Dx11, which is why Dx9 is included with it.  Install it.  

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (4,821 Views)

All Replies

Re: d3dx9_36.dll Missing error, when trying to run the game Dragon Age: Origin

★★★★★ Expert
The game is totally unable to run with nothing other than Dx10 or Dx11, which is why Dx9 is included with it.  Install it.  

Message 2 of 2 (4,822 Views)