Re: Want to just uninstall and reinstall with all DLC

by EA_Eve

Original Post

Want to just uninstall and reinstall with all DLC

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So recently I had to factory reset my laptop and before I did it I transferred everything I wanted to on an external harddrive. When I put everyting from the external hdd back to my laptop I noticed some of my Steam saves didn't transfer properly, but that wasn't a big issue. The bigger issue is that my Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition wasn't working properly so I deleted the files associated with it and tried to reinstall. It installs fine, but there are no installed DLC showing up on the page. I turned automatic updates on and I checked through the file to reenter my CD key, but the file is messed up and does not display anything. If there is a way I can just reinstall fresh that would be great.

I read the general fixes but they aren't helping.

Go in to your Dragon Age folder at C:/program files/origingames/dragonage and look for the _installer folder, then click on the DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML.exe file

The origingames folder does not exist for me. I tried to run daoriginsconfig.exe from Run but it does not appear

Message 1 of 6 (3,476 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is your game installed on Steam? Because the origingames folder only exists if your games are installed and running through Origin. By default Steam games are installed at the following location: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\

Message 2 of 6 (3,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry for necro, having the same issue.  My game is installed with the original CD's and the latest update screwed it up.

I don't have those exe's because I don't have an 'origin games' folder.

Is there an alternative for those of us that don't have an origin games folder?

Message 3 of 6 (3,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The "\Origin Games" folder is just part of the path to the folder containing the game files.  It is created when you install via the EA/Origin digital download.

If you have any other type of install, then your path will be the right one for that  type of install.  The rest of any file names and troubleshooting steps apply, just substitute the appropriate path for your situation.

(This is not rocket science.  It's "PC Basics - 101".  Just like whether a standard game is installed under the folder "C:\Program Files", or the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)", depending on whether you have a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows.)

Message 4 of 6 (3,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"PC Basics - 101"?

I've already checked the file paths and the .exe's don't exist.

I even did a windows search and nothing came up.

I didn't make a post because I didn't do the basics.

Message 5 of 6 (3,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Perhaps I misunderstood your question.

I do have the EA/Origin install, and I do have the "\Origin Games" folder, (and every single piece of DLC) but I have done about a dozen full un-/re-installs of DAO (with all the DLC) on both Win7 and Win8 machines, using both the retail disc and the EA/Origin download versions, for both the base game and the Ultimate Edition.  The presence or absence of that particular folder isn't what's significant in this case.

Maybe what you meant to ask was:  "How do I (re-)install the DLC if I have the retail disc install?" 

If so, the answer is, "It depends".   After doing a full un-/re-install using the discs, for most (but not all) DLC I recommend going to the BSN "player entitlements page" directly, and following the on-screen directions.  For those DLC not available that way (not many) I recommend using the in-game process.

Message 6 of 6 (3,384 Views)