Re: Voices on dialogs, in game quotes and cutscenes not working for every DLC

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Voices on dialogs, in game quotes and cutscenes not working for every DLC

★ Novice

I recently bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate edition and the voices for every DLC that comes with this edition are not working. This only applies to cutscenes, in-game character's quotes (when u click them) and dialogs. Sound effects are working fine as the voice the main character says when you order him to move somewhere. Another thing is that mouths of the characters don't move in cutscenes or dialogues, so no voice is displayed. I reinstalled the game several times, did the repair option the game gives, checked all the audio options were on and contacted with on-line chat support and the problem have not been fixed. Seems to be a bug and I'm really getting upset because this is suppose to be the Ultimate edition. If you are wondering if my PC is the problem, it is not. I have a Nvidia video card GeForce GTX Ti 550, Windows 7 home premium 64-bit, i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs), 8 MB RAM, DirectX 11 Installed. Is there anyway to upload new audio files to fix this? or get other copies or even get single DLC copies insted of my Ultimate Edition copy?. I bought the game the 3rd of June and problem comes out since i the start.

Message 1 of 11 (7,233 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@koldo_gontzal;

On that "Download DLC for Classic Origin Games" page, the following DAO DLC are packaged as self-installing executables: Warden's Keep, Leliana's Song, Golems of Amgarrak, Witch Hunt, and "The DLC Which Must Not Be Named".

The following are packaged as .dazip files:

Return to Ostagar, The Stone Prisoner, and all the Feast Day "items".

For DA2, they're all executables.

In all cases, you have to have purchased them (they have to be "authorized" under your EA/Origin account) before they will be playable in-game.

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (5,074 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. Confusedmileysad:

Message 2 of 11 (7,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does anyone know some way to fix this issue?

Message 3 of 11 (7,195 Views)

★★ Novice

I've also got the same problem. I had a normal version of Dragon Age Origins, and as I really liked the game, I decided to buy recently the Ultimate version because of the DLCs. But the dialogs aren't working and it's really annoying!  My computer is running under Windows 8.1 64 bit.

If you get to solve this problem, I'd be really happy if you could share the solution with me! Thnak you very much!

Message 4 of 11 (7,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I may have found a solution:

At BioWare's Social Network https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php you can download the DLC (.dazip files) and reinstall them manually as the explain using the daupdater.exe that should be in the \bin_ship directory.

I've tried it with one DLC, "The Stone Prisoner" and it has worked. Now I'm able to hear Shale when it speaks.

So now I will repat the process with all of them. Hope it also works for you.

Message 5 of 11 (7,159 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked once, but now bioware social network is closed, so from where can I download dlcs? Or is there another solution? I know you wrote this 4 years ago, but well, I don't know what else can I do

Message 6 of 11 (5,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
Message 7 of 11 (5,856 Views)

★★ Novice
Are you still interested in them? If so, I could upload them to Google Drive so you could download them… Just tell me!
Message 8 of 11 (5,054 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @koldo_gontzal 

Thanks for offering your help with sharing the files, but it's simply safer to download the DLCs from the article linked by @ThandalNLyman Standard smile They contain the same files once available on the old BSN website Standard smile It's just not recommended to upload or download such files from Google Drive Embarrassed

@Russel92 please keep us updated if that worked for you!

Thanks for understanding!

/Ataashi

Message 9 of 11 (5,035 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, @EA_Ataashi !

I totally agree  with you about the fact that using the original links is much safer and better than using somebody else's files. But unless I'm wrong, the link provided by @ThandalNLyman didn't have the .DAZIP files you need for download... There were some .EXE files and other extensions, but not the .DAZIP files you need in order to reinstall the DLCs with the DAOriginsConfig.exe application.

So, if those not .DAZIP files work fine, then, perfect! I have nothing to say. But if they don't, I offer the ones I did download from the EA website back in 2014, just in case someone wants them and is not able to find them through the "proper" channels.

I hope this isn't a problem.

Message 10 of 11 (4,984 Views)