Unable to access online profile storage.

by Durhon

Original Post

Unable to access online profile storage.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Whenenver I try to upload a screenshot in Dragon Age Origins I get that message. I cant seem to find a way over this. It is really annoying as I am trying to get my characters uploaded to BSN but it just isnt working. 

I am using PC and I am also using Origin. I have the Ultimate Ediition. 

Message 1 of 9 (5,234 Views)

Re: Unable to access online profile storage.

★★★ Newbie

Well, it's nice to see I'm not the only one having this problem on a PS3 with Dragon Age: Origins in 2019.

I've:

1- created a new PSN id
2- activated the PS3 on the new PSN id
3- dumped ALL the game data on every profile on the 3

4- dumped ALL the game saves on every profile on the 3

5- tried everything I could find on the EA Answers forums...which, help here isn't very easy to find...

Was STILL getting the "UNABLE TO ACCESS SERVERS" message.

Then, I changed my Dragon Age Keep password.

NOW, I'm getting "UNABLE TO ACCESS YOUR ONLINE PROFILE STORAGE. THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION PROVIDED MAY BE INVALID."  I looked everywhere I can think of to access the log in page for the game: hit the triangle in the game's start screen, looked through the memory area of my PS3, on the Origins page, in the PSN website, in EA answers...NOTHING tells me where I can change the login information in the game. 

What I have found most interesting through ALL of this:

1- If I go to DA:O's options page, I can't even scroll down to Manage Account, it's like it's locked out.

2- DA:2 and Inquisition are still communicating with the PS3 and The Keep, even after changing the EA password, and I didn't have to do anything in DA:2 or Inquisition.

Hey, EA, if you're serious about DA4, and serious about the DA:Keep and (one would assume) about previous playthroughs of DA:O affecting DA:A, DA:2, on up the chain and presumably all the previous DA games affecting DA4...it would be a good idea to make sure DA:O can still talk to the servers.  That, or just BE HONEST with us if you're not going to support DA:O anymore and...as annoying as it will be...we'll manually build the tapestries in Keep ourselves.

PLEASE JUST TALK TO US EA.

Message 2 of 9 (4,895 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is still happening in 2020. Please fix this EA.

Message 3 of 9 (4,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@pupgrrlLB, @KiwiRot, & @Durhon;

This is never going to get fixed.  It's been over 10 years since there was any work done on DA:O. (Last patch was v1.05.)  And the game was never designed to work with EA/Origin or the DA Keep.  It was designed to work with BioWare's own websites, which were all shutdown years ago.

I save my screenshots locally, and edit my DA "Tapestry" on the Keep manually.  The inability to do those things automagically has ZERO impact on any of the games themselves.

Message 4 of 9 (4,385 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think tbf it's not an Origins problem but an infrastructure one.  There was no good reason to shut down BSN's servers and it's a short-sighted decision that's caused more problems than it solved (I mean just look at the number of broken links to discussions, projects, resources and so on that are still doing the rounds).  It doesn't say much for EA's commitment to keeping often mandatory online requirements available in the longer term.  At least with Oranges it's still possible to play (well, provided it doesn't lock people out of their DLC, which seems to be another ongoing problem) but at best the situation is irritating and not very impressive.

Message 5 of 9 (4,362 Views)

★ Novice

Don't you need the communication between for things like awakening? I cant find location of where file should be and im told from EA that my game WILL communicate with KEEP and make it available. But seems to be an impasse.

Message 6 of 9 (4,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@jmpked wrote:

Don't you need the communication between for things like awakening? I cant find location of where file should be and im told from EA that my game WILL communicate with KEEP and make it available. But seems to be an impasse.

Whoever told you that your older DA-series games (DA:O and DA2) would communicate with the Keep was providing the party line.  They are *supposed* to be able to send basic character info (name, race, gender, class) and what we would now call "World State" choices.  But sadly, that seems to occur... sporadically.   And as one can always create the desired World State by-hand, the glitches in sending data from the previous games really aren't a big deal.

And no, "Awakening", (and the other DLC for the first two games) was released long before there was such a thing as the Keep, knows nothing about it, and doesn't need to talk to it at all.

Bottom Line:

Should work. Doesn't always. Work-around possible. Not a game-breaker. Nerd

EDIT:  I think you may be confusing the Keep with EA/Origin.

The Keep has nothing to do with getting DLC.  Wondering

The DLC for the DA-series are provided through:

1. EA/Origin ==> Library ==> Additional Content

2. In-Game Menu Option ==> Downloadable/Extra Content

3. The EA website "Download DLC for Classic Origin Games"

Which source depends on which game and which DLC you are trying to get.

Message 7 of 9 (4,260 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@KiwiRot yup, same here
Message 8 of 9 (3,645 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TanyaT99 Same on PC here.
Message 9 of 9 (3,558 Views)