Re: Unable to Launch Dragon Age:Origins Ultimate Edition from Origin Game Librar

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Launch Dragon Age:Origins Ultimate Edition from Origin Game Library

★★★ Newbie
When I try to click "Play" and launch DA:O Ultimate Edition from the Game Library thumbnail within Origin, it will not start the game. I recieve no error message. A wijndow appears that states that the game is preparing to launch, but after a second it disappears and the game does not launch. A look in Windows Task Manager shows that the game is indeed not running. I have tried this multiple times. I have restarted my PC multiple times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times, making sure to clean up junk files and registry entries after each uninstall. Other games (such as The Secret World) launch just fine from the Origin Game Library. I CAN launch DA:O Ultimate Edition if I run it directly from the Windows start menu, or via any other method other than the Origin Game Library. Anybody seen or experience this? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5 (11,163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to Launch Dragon Age:Origins Ultimate Edition from Origin Game Library

Community Manager

Hi rsgreyhammer,

There are a few steps you can take to solve this problem. Close Origin, then try the following:

1. Run Origin as Administrator: Right-click the Origin icon on your desktop and select Run As Administrator. Restart Origin and try launching your game.
  2. Temporarily disable anti-virus software that may be prohibiting Origin from being able to function properly. Restart Origin and try launching your game with the anti-virus off to see if that solves the issue. If so, you may need to adjust the settings of your anti-virus software to exclude Origin.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (11,975 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to Launch Dragon Age:Origins Ultimate Edition from Origin Game Library

Community Manager

Hi rsgreyhammer,

There are a few steps you can take to solve this problem. Close Origin, then try the following:

1. Run Origin as Administrator: Right-click the Origin icon on your desktop and select Run As Administrator. Restart Origin and try launching your game.
  2. Temporarily disable anti-virus software that may be prohibiting Origin from being able to function properly. Restart Origin and try launching your game with the anti-virus off to see if that solves the issue. If so, you may need to adjust the settings of your anti-virus software to exclude Origin.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 5 (11,976 Views)

Re: Unable to Launch Dragon Age:Origins Ultimate Edition from Origin Game Librar

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Spectre I have done all of the steps and it is still not working. It comes up with an error code.
(" Invalid License. Reason Code = Missing DLL : [NxCharacter.dll] Erro: 0x7E

The help to find out what is wrong would be very helpful.

Thank you for your time
Message 3 of 5 (6,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, did you ever get a fix for this? I'm currently stuck at this point Frown

Message 4 of 5 (3,617 Views)

EA DICE Team
@clairemcg05

I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Origins, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (3,513 Views)