There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

by kirkonacid

Original Post

Re: There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

★★★★ Novice

This is appaling. It's been a year since the problem was reported and still no solution.

With patch 1.04 I can't have most of my DLCs activate. With 1.05 I can't start the game at all. Beyond ridiculous. No wonder EA got voted worst company in US twice in a row.

Message 11 of 21 (8,082 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought my downloadable copy from Amazon as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and am still receiving this error. I'm at a total loss of what to do and it's very frustrating. Why isn't there a solution? 

Message 12 of 21 (8,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried the following without being able to change the outcome of my installation - I still get the "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.".  This is the Windows 7 64 bit Dragon Age Ultimate downloaded from Amazon.com

1) I have searched the variouse Dragon Age Ultimate forums for solutiions but none of them have worked for me,

2) I am running on Windows 7 64 bit with updated drivers and the OS as ship shape as I can manage.

3) The hardware is sufficient to run Dragon Age 2.

4) I have reinstalled three times and download the 12 Gb game twice.

5) I have installed after logging in as administrator.

6) I have used the 1.05 patch to upgrade the game after my installation but before trying to run the game.

7) I have installed Adobe AIR to the latest version.

8) I have run after installation as myself and administrator account.

9) I have entered my serial number and EAStore account information successfully during each install.

Nothing so far has worked for me.  So how can I install and run the game?

Message 13 of 21 (8,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having a similar problem as well. I purchased DAO UE a few months back, downloaded and it worked fine. I had to format my computer recently and when I redownloaded origin and DAO UE, the folder it made is named "Dragon Age: Origins" not "Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition" like the first time. The Lanuncher is missing as well and I cannot upload my characters or screnshots

Message 14 of 21 (7,999 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I had this same problem and couldnt find an answer on the forums anywhere. Finally I went to the help center and got on a live chat with one of EAs help center dudes. We went through a few things and we got it to work properly!! Here is what we did to get the game to run right. 

1) download and install the 1.05 patch off the Bioware site.

2) Open the Origin client and click on game list

3) right click on the the dragon age ultimate edition game and click "Repair"

When I did this it downloaded a bunch of files and installed them and after that the game ran right with all the apropriate DLC and Awakening showing up like it should as well. I hope this helps at least some of you guys who are having problems.

Message 15 of 21 (11,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to verify that this worked for me as well. I was racking my brain until I came across this post.

Message 16 of 21 (7,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've also gotten my Ultimate DA O edition from Amazon in 2012. I was running Windows 7 at the time and it was running fine, until I tried installing the DLC content. Then I got the setup error as described, and tried reinstalling and copying over the bin_ship folder and everything. I recently tried to install it again on my Windows 8 computer without trying to install the DLC, this time with the 1.05 patch and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Message 17 of 21 (7,157 Views)

★ Novice

This may help those who are getting error while trying to install a digital copy.

After reading through posts, I suspected that there are several corrupt files that get downloaded or when extracted, become corrupted. (It is a big game to say the least, 13GB).

If you bought the game digitally, you should be able to link the game via your origin or EA account by signing on their website and providing the serial key. What this does is add the game to your origin library.  Unfortunately, you will need to download the Origin launcher if you do not have any other games by EA.  Once you open up the launcher (its like the STEAM launcher by the way), you should see tabs for My Games and Store.  Go to "My Games" and right click on the Dragon Age game, and click on repair game.  I suspect this verifies the game files and repairs those that are corrupt.  

It worked for me and seemed fairly easy.  Good luck.  

Message 18 of 21 (6,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bruhhhhh, repairing it through Origin worked. I bought my copy from Amazon as well and could never get it to work until I repaired it.

Message 19 of 21 (6,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had downloaded and installed the game from Amazon; this worked for me, but only when I deleted the game and re-downloaded it from origin. Otherwise, the "Repair Game" option doesn't show up at all.

Message 20 of 21 (4,798 Views)