Stuttering and how to fix

by gingercat0911

Original Post

Stuttering and how to fix

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for the PC at Christmas 2015, and it's been playing fine until now. Recently, however, it's having an issue with a regular stuttering during cutscenes, where the dialogue will echo then skip ahead to catch up, or where movement is delayed. I've tried most things I can find - patching to version 1.05, updating my NVidia driver, installing to DirectX 11 from the Dragon Age disc, changing the launcher to use dx9, amending graphics/ texture options down to the lowest and even uninstalled then reinstalled the game without success. The Triple buffering and V-Sync are both on also.

I do have about 17.2 GB space on the hard drive, and I'm not sure if it needs more than this to actually run properly.

The only remaining thing I can think of is that for the past few months, I've had a warning message for the battery to state that there is a problem with the battery and to consider replacing it. Could this be the cause?

I'm using a Vostro 1720 laptop, with Windows 7 32bit. It has a Intel Core Duo CPU T6670 at 2.20Ghz, 2.0 GB RAM, and Nvidia GeForce 9600M GS - driver version 341.95. If there's any other technical information required to assist, please let me know.

Message 1 of 1 (1,259 Views)