Re: Stuck in final battle in Redcliffe castle yard

by ArgoDaWolf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck in final battle in Redcliffe castle yard

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm playing Origins on playstation 3 and I got stuck in Redcliffe in the final battle.

After have killed Loghain and assured Alistar the throne, I equipped my team and move to Redcliffe for the final battle.

Arrived there I killed all the enemies and the 2 Ogre in the village and then moved to the castle yard.

In the castle yard i killed all the enemies and eventually got stuck.

After that i read many blogs and for PS3 the only solution seemed to go back to the village and apply area attacks in the mist under the waterfall or on the village buildings in order to kill potential enemies stuck in the game frame. I did it with no results.

Then i tried to quit the game and start again killing only the enemies at the windmill, going first to the castle and eventually to the village after nothing happened to the castle. No results yet.

Yesterday I tried to use older saving. No results. Then I tried older savings going straight to Redcliffe after killing Loghain. Same story.

I chat today with EA help desk and they told me to read the blog or start again the game.

I'm quiet annoyed frankly. I love the game, bought inquisition and the Mass Effect trilogy, but really don't feel like playing any of them right now.

Can anyone help and give more details info how to proceed with the game?

Note: i alredy went around the village and the castle yard applying area attacks... :-(

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (5,523 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Eventually thanks to a friend I found something interesting.

I'm going to post it in case someone else gets the same bug:

Bug! After clearing the darkspawn in the Redcliffe Village area, make sure to save the game before entering the Redcliffe Castle courtyard. There is a slim chance that a certain officer will be killed by the darkspawn. If that happens, none of the other guards will talk to you, and the doors to the castle will not open. Should this happen, there is no way to complete the game, besides returning to a previous save point and trying again. (Confirmed on and )

• If you encounter this bug, it is possible that leaving the castle and re-entering the castle can fix it. Walk up the steps to the castle after re-entering and the guard should confront you, even if he was killed.

Going to try tonight!

Finger crossed it will work...

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (5,997 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Eventually thanks to a friend I found something interesting.

I'm going to post it in case someone else gets the same bug:

Bug! After clearing the darkspawn in the Redcliffe Village area, make sure to save the game before entering the Redcliffe Castle courtyard. There is a slim chance that a certain officer will be killed by the darkspawn. If that happens, none of the other guards will talk to you, and the doors to the castle will not open. Should this happen, there is no way to complete the game, besides returning to a previous save point and trying again. (Confirmed on and )

• If you encounter this bug, it is possible that leaving the castle and re-entering the castle can fix it. Walk up the steps to the castle after re-entering and the guard should confront you, even if he was killed.

Going to try tonight!

Finger crossed it will work...

Message 2 of 3 (5,998 Views)

★★★ Novice

Eureka! It worked guys... so happy about it...

Pity there is no message in game informing you that you need to protect all or at least most of the Arle Eamon soldiers!

Well, all sorted!

Message 3 of 3 (5,482 Views)