by null

Original Post

Re: Soldier's Peak - Bug?

★★★ Newbie
That helped! Thanks a lot
Message 41 of 84 (4,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thorett's solution of having the party head immediately toward the exit upon end of dialogue with Avernus (per his posted video) worked.  Changing resolution, getting in Avernus' way, saving and getting back in, synching the vertical had not worked.  Did not find enough time to cast before the hang-up.  Have not used the console cheats/remedy.

Message 42 of 84 (4,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok I have encountered many bugs in this game , like the Avernus bug, or the game suddenly stopping with error messages. This one seems to work for most of them for some reason.

Go to Task Manager, then to go to details  (Windows 10 ) go to your daorigins .exe file  right click it, and in the pop up window click set affinity, a small pop up window will come on uncheck all and just check cpu 1. This game for what ever reasons runs on all the processors and some do not have all the information this compacts the files to the main PC processor and it clears up most bugs.

Message 43 of 84 (4,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Darkforceb wrote:

Ok I have encountered many bugs in this game , like the Avernus bug, or the game suddenly stopping with error messages. This one seems to work for most of them for some reason.

Go to Task Manager, then to go to details  (Windows 10 ) go to your daorigins .exe file  right click it, and in the pop up window click set affinity, a small pop up window will come on uncheck all and just check cpu 1. This game for what ever reasons runs on all the processors and some do not have all the information this compacts the files to the main PC processor and it clears up most bugs.

Thanks.  This worked.   It is probably the software solution to the problem.

Message 44 of 84 (4,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue and this is a new run through. I tried moving the person, etc but on my 3rd try i did this. 

Once the cut scene is done i ran to the veil mirror and stood there and the first batch came through there. everything flowed through. 

I tried this several re loads to make sure it worked and it did. 

Hope it works for you all. 

Cloudyskies

Message 45 of 84 (4,210 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You, sir, are a legend.  Yours is the only solution that worked for me.  I bolted for the door back up the stairs and Sophia commenced the ritual right on cue.

Message 46 of 84 (4,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Use Video 1920X1080 (16:9)

This fix the problem.

Best regards

Player

Message 47 of 84 (3,899 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't know why this worked, but for whatever * reason it worked. It shouldn't have worked by any stretch of the imagination but it worked so thank you and I love you. Ps. EA WHAT THE * MAN.

Message 48 of 84 (3,705 Views)

★★ Novice

When you say pause the game to menu - do you mean pause and go to the "resume, load, " etc. menu or all the way out to the main menu - like where you would start a new game... frustrating so far..

And yes, EA should be embarrassed to push a repair.

Message 49 of 84 (3,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The trick that works is to use Shale in the ability to throw rock until Avernus is above one of the four points where the spirits appear.
Message 50 of 84 (3,467 Views)