Original Post

Re: Soldier's Peak - Bug?

★ Novice

woot thanks this worked for me.

Message 21 of 84 (10,310 Views)

★★★ Novice

@sharpshooterklj wrote:

Wow, I can't believe it but I got it working.

So the game wouldn't recognize "escape" commands while Sophia was walking towards the circle, but it would pause with "space" commands. Well, after unpausing she just stopped at her normal place. Back the drawing board right? Nope, apparently it worked for me after pausing while she was walking, saving the game, and then loading that save. She then made it to the circle.

This actually worked for me thank you!

Message 22 of 84 (10,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EVERYONE, as soon as he's done talking (I've only done this with Avernus) run to his side and GUIDE him to the 'spell portal' or whatever those iridescent pools on the ground are.  I think the problem is where the party AI is standing.  I just hugged his right side and he went to the right spot, after reloading like 8 times. And yes, EA sucks.

Message 23 of 84 (10,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank goodness for this forum.  Finally got it to work after struggling for an hour by pausing it after the pre fight scene dialogue.   

Message 24 of 84 (10,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Keeper

This is going to sound strange, but what has worked for me every single time is running in the opposite direction of Avernus the minute he finishes his dialogue. It's hard to articulate, but when Avernus finishes his dialogue, run away from the portal and for whatever reason, it works. I've done this multiple times, and it hasn't failed me once.

Video of this in action ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW_pt56F_fM

thank you it worked!!!!

strange i never experienced this bug before 

Message 25 of 84 (10,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked for me. I paused as she walked to her spot. Saved it (not a quick save) then reloaded and then it was ok.

Thanks !

Message 26 of 84 (9,957 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG! I LOVE YOU! Thank you so much for this! It was the ONLY thing that worked for me!!!!! 

Message 27 of 84 (8,791 Views)

★★ Novice

Soldiers's it also happen to me,but might have solve it.go to options then video,then able your vertical sync,then exit the room got back to the door the leads to the tower,and stop at the bridge.

Then re-enter the room and start again with the conversation.Then the battle will start. 

Message 28 of 84 (8,786 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Small correction to elrofrost's solution:  "make jump to" > "soldier's keep (repaired)".  Otherwise, major kudos for finding the solution.  I was ready to chuck it myself.  I also had the problem (still do) of Sophia's invisible armor which is likely due to the "Grey Wardens of Ferelden" mod I installed.  I can't help but think it caused this Avernus problem as well since I've never had this issue in previous run-throughs.

Message 29 of 84 (8,589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@PRBoricua23 wrote:

This is going to sound strange, but what has worked for me every single time is running in the opposite direction of Avernus the minute he finishes his dialogue. It's hard to articulate, but when Avernus finishes his dialogue, run away from the portal and for whatever reason, it works. I've done this multiple times, and it hasn't failed me once.

Video of this in action ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW_pt56F_fM

@Thank you so much!! None of the other things work for me but this did! Thank you so much. EA need to fix their mistakes......So many of them. @___@

Message 30 of 84 (8,525 Views)