Re: Soldier's Peak - Bug?

by jason6078

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Soldier's Peak - Bug?

★★★ Newbie

I have encountered a bug near the end of the Soldier's Peak quest, when I have to defend either Sophia or Avernus while they seal the rift. Problem is, the NPC will simply stand in place and the battle will not start. This has happened in two different ways so far: when I ask Sophia to seal the rift before I leave for the tower, and when I side with Avernus after killing Sophia. It will not work either way.

Message 1 of 84 (142,763 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
I was stuck at that point as well but I found something of a work around, have a mage character shoot a fireball or some aoe attack that pushes people and you can move him or her to where the script kicks in. I found this out while playing a mage and gor frustrated with him, I was surprised when the encounter started.

View in thread

Message 6 of 84 (154,454 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You can try this: Go to "Options" and select the "Video" tab. Un-tick the box "Play in full-screen mode" and try it again.

Please let us know if that helped you.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 84 (142,517 Views)

Had this happen once or twice; I loaded a previous save and Avernus got on with closing the portals.

SD Signature Banner

Message 3 of 84 (142,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

OP here. I tried that (not sure why that would affect quest scripting, but whatever), and it didn't work. Should I try going back farther?

EDIT: I was responding to eaursula, by the way.

Message 4 of 84 (142,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the game via steam and I am experiencing the same problem. I have tried loading from previous points even re-doing the entire thing again from the beginning. And still had the same result, I tried the the suggestion of not playing in full screen mode and it did not work either....So does anyone have the solution to resolve this, so I can get on with the game???? This is very frustrating and Steam just bounces you EA after a week of submitting the issue....

Message 5 of 84 (142,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was stuck at that point as well but I found something of a work around, have a mage character shoot a fireball or some aoe attack that pushes people and you can move him or her to where the script kicks in. I found this out while playing a mage and gor frustrated with him, I was surprised when the encounter started.
Message 6 of 84 (154,455 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My Option->Video doesn't have a button for fullscreen. I did re-run the config utilitiy and I could do it there. But that didn't work.

I tried lower resoultions, going back to previus saves - still didn't work.

And now I'm stuck - I do not have a mage with Fireball. I use Wynn - a healer.

You know, I only played this game so I could catch up on the lore before DAI is released. And now, due to this GAME BREAKING BUG, I'm thinking of just sh*tting the whole series - cancelling my preorder of DAI.

I mean. com'on EA you've had YEARS to fix this?

Anyone know of any other solution? Maybe a console command I can run just to get the final fight started?

Message 7 of 84 (137,362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok found the solution when all else fails: console commands.

So anyone else who runs across this issue:

"You can also use the console cheats and type "runscript zz_gwb_debug" without the quotes, then choose "make jump to" > "warden keep (repaired)" and that will fix/teleport you to the end of the DLC."

From a happy user on Reddit.

EA you should be damn embarrased.

Message 8 of 84 (137,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue.  Changing video/full screen mode does not work.  I do not have a 'pushback' spell.  I reloaded the game multiple times.  

Very frustrating.  Good luck with DOI since I will not be there. 

Message 9 of 84 (136,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

What worked for me is noting the <spot> where the NPC stands when the 'lock up' occurs and then reload (you will have to do the previous fight again).  Just after the 'close the veil' cutscene ends, I quickly moved a party character to that <spot> which causes the NPC to avoid that location and go to the appropriate place to start the event.

Message 10 of 84 (135,922 Views)