Re: Promotional Pack not Downloading

by Kenny32673

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Promotional Pack not Downloading

★★ Novice

I recently decided to start playing both this and the second game again after not touching them for a few years.  I'm still not sure why my original installations have stopped working but that's my own problem and beside the point.  I decided to give Origin a try and I got my free digital versions of both games using the serial numbers that came with the boxed copies.  I was happy to see that it still registered all the DLC's I had bought, but am very confused (and a little vexed) that I'm not given the exclusive pre-order bonuses I had aquired from gamestop, hot topic, and making a character to transfer into the main game before launch.  I see that the pre-order bonuses are now considered part of the Promotional Pack DLC and I did acquire the free full release of it from Bioware's Site years ago, but I wasn't given it from the start here and when I try to download it I'm asked for a serial number (I think to confirm my copy of the game).  If they want the serial numbers that came with my receipts then those are long gone as I disposed of them after I used them and just inputting my game's serial number again does nothing because I already used that to get my free download of the game.  I could really use some help to understand how I can get these pre-order items again.

Message 1 of 8 (3,144 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Are you certain you're using the same account you orignally claimed the promo DLC on?

Either way, you could try just claiming them again (sign into the account you have registered the games on obviously): http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

I just did and I wasn't asked for a serial, it just said "Success! Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II promotional items have been entitled to your account."

Edit* - Scratch that, they don't show for download in Origin which for some reason says buy now. You have to download and install them manually from your BSN user entitlements page instead: https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (3,734 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Are you certain you're using the same account you orignally claimed the promo DLC on?

Either way, you could try just claiming them again (sign into the account you have registered the games on obviously): http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

I just did and I wasn't asked for a serial, it just said "Success! Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II promotional items have been entitled to your account."

Edit* - Scratch that, they don't show for download in Origin which for some reason says buy now. You have to download and install them manually from your BSN user entitlements page instead: https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

Message 2 of 8 (3,735 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I am 100% certain that I'm using the same account I started both games with.  I've even gone back into those games and logged in from the main menu of both games using the same account ID.  I'll give your suggestion a try.  I was having a similar problem with DA:2 but didn't mention it here since this isn't the forum so it's nice to see you link to a way to fix that game's DLC as well.  Initially I was thinking that EA had already detected and linked my account from Bioware because It game me the main DLC's I had paid for.

Message 3 of 8 (3,113 Views)

★★ Novice

So how do I install those items manually?  It's been years since I had to touch mods for this game and am not sure where things go in the file directory.  Also, the bioware site isn't letting me download the promo items for DA:O.  It just says i have them installed already.  Not sure what to do about that.

Message 4 of 8 (3,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So is the content showing up on your user entitlements page?

This is what you should be seeing: BSN Screenshot

To install the dazip files you download:

• Go to the game installation folder - in there is a "bin_ship" folder
  • In the bin_ship folder there should be the "daupdater.exe" - run it.
  • Click "Load DAZIPs" and select the folder you downloaded the dazip files to.
  • Your dazips should all be listed in daupdater now. Select the dazips (you can select them all at once)
  • Press the "install selected" button
  • Don't worry about the progress bar not necessarily filling - when the status changes to installed on all of them then they are done and you can close the daupdater.
Message 5 of 8 (3,092 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, my screen looked like that.  I had downloaded my missing promo dlc when they were all made free but that was years ago and I no longer have the files.  When I first went there two days ago some of the promo dlc told me they were already installed and wouldn't give me a download option (even after clicking "more info").  Today I did not have that problem with DA:O but the promo dlc for DA2 was all acting like I had them installed and wouldn't give me a code.  I'm going to have to play into that game's story and just check for myself but since Origin says they aren't installed (but unlocked) on DA2 I was suspecting they weren't installed at all.

Now that i've manage to download at least the DA:O promo stuff i'll do the install and I should have them.  Thanks for all your help.

Message 6 of 8 (3,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I know that a bunch of the DA II promo items don't need installing. They are actually in the game files and just require the items to be on your account. So as long as you sign into your account in-game they SHOULD be available.

For example, the DA II DLC listed on your entitlements page saying simply "More info" don't need downloading or installing. The ones that have "More info - PC" and "More info - Mac" do need downloading.

So looking at my own page (I have all DLC for both games) there are only 5 items that do need downloading (excluding paid for DLC):

• The Deep Green
  • The High Lords Belt
  • The Ring of Whispers
  • Fan Reward Pack - Arlathan Focusing Crystal, Band of Stolen Shadows & Hawke Family Crest
  • Pendant of the Morning Frost

Thankfully they are all .exe files so are easily installed unlike the DA:O promo items.

Message 7 of 8 (3,076 Views)

★★ Novice

Fascinating.  I wasn't aware the second game worked like that with it's dlc.  Going through my own list and what's listed on my Origin game page for DA2, those 5 promo dlc were also the only ones listed for my as needing to be downloaded.  Although, one thing that I need to check is if I truly do have the Blood Dragon Armor in DA2 since origin says it's unlocked but not installed (similar to the promo pack).  If I remember correctly i'll have to play till I get a house and then it should be in my chest.  If not i'm likely screwed out of it since that's one of the dlc downloads that is locked to "more info" (which is why i'm now suspecting it is actually installed).

Thanks again for all your help. Monkey.^^

Message 8 of 8 (3,065 Views)