Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation. Note: Affects owners of the RETAIL version

by D4rkpink

Original Post

Re: Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation. Note:

★★★★ Novice
First off all, I DO NOT use Origin client nor do I have to. If you had bother to read the previous messages I have the original disks from the collectors edition.
How ever I did uninstall the game and reinstalled it again from scratch. Before updating to 1.05 I implemented the stone prisoner.
What is a drag is that the map only shows the locations for running and past quests. So until I encounter the NPC that is supposed to hand me the Prisoner quest it will not show on the map. And the bummer here is he wont show. Sure I get all crystals and such but that doesn't help me further. And thats the basic off the problem in the first place. Everything is there but it just wont start. Pisses me off big time, specily if EA "helpers" don't know what your talking about sins the game is so old so they say.
Message 51 of 55 (3,283 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@mulroin; If you had bothered to read my response, I said "the only thing I can suggest to resolve your issue"  is a re-install using Origin. 

You don't want to take that advice.... That's on you.  I'm done trying to help someone who doesn't want to install the game the way the publisher has designed it to be installed.

Message 52 of 55 (3,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The game was designed to be installed using the provided CD's. Origin is from later when EA had mayor problems with the social networks.

So I am using the installating as it is designed. Origin is a secondairy sollution from a manufacturer that doesent want to support a game anymore as concluded from my contact with the EA helpdesk.

Message 53 of 55 (3,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Over the eight years since the game's initial release, the methods of purchase, deployment, and installation of the DLC have all changed dramatically.  You are having problems getting things working in the current  environment.  Talking about how things used  to work is worse than pointless, it actively confuses things.

Message 54 of 55 (3,251 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm replying and heavily Necroing this because this is in the top three results when looking up this exact issue on google. Also, this conversation and entire topic has gone horribly off topic by the end but since it shows up often, a lot of people might still come to look into this.

Here's what I did that managed to get it to work. Not sure if all of these are needed or I just got lucky. These are in no particular order.

I installed the game fully through Origin (discs? ha!)

I deleted all of the previous installation and data that was saved from previous installs, both from other hard drives as well as the data/profile folder in C:/User/Documents/Bioware
       I quite literally deleted the entire Dragon Age folder in there.

I went into the install folder after all the downloads finished and deleted a couple of files and did a repair
I went into _Installer in the Dragon Age folder and ran both SetupAddins.exe and Touchup.exe

I also went into Dragon Age/addins and went through every folder. Every single folder that had an _Installer folder I went in there and ran Touchup.exe

After all of that all the DLC showed up under Downloadable Content in game. Again, not sure if all these are needed or just maybe the last step (After the 4th step nothing had changed), and again this was in no particular order. I mention the install because a lot of people are going to have trouble with that I feel as both Steam and Origin don't know what they're doing with the game. Steam had the trouble earlier than Origin from what I recall.

I think the Touchup.exe after doing the SetupAddins.exe goes in and adds the file but I think I had to do all the individual ones to actually get that to work. All DLC show including Awakening variants. Not sure what Cleanup.exe does however but I didn't play with it.

Hope this helps people. I think the big two were deleting the old stuff so nothing got confused.

Happy playing!

Message 55 of 55 (798 Views)
dai-dragon

How to slay monsters and make friends

BioWare's helpful guide for tackling Dragon Age: Inquisition Mulitplayer

View More

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help