@mulroin; If you had bothered to read my response, I said "the only thing I can suggest to resolve your issue" is a re-install using Origin.
You don't want to take that advice.... That's on you. I'm done trying to help someone who doesn't want to install the game the way the publisher has designed it to be installed.
The game was designed to be installed using the provided CD's. Origin is from later when EA had mayor problems with the social networks.
So I am using the installating as it is designed. Origin is a secondairy sollution from a manufacturer that doesent want to support a game anymore as concluded from my contact with the EA helpdesk.
February 2018 - last edited February 2018
Over the eight years since the game's initial release, the methods of purchase, deployment, and installation of the DLC have all changed dramatically. You are having problems getting things working in the current environment. Talking about how things used to work is worse than pointless, it actively confuses things.
I'm replying and heavily Necroing this because this is in the top three results when looking up this exact issue on google. Also, this conversation and entire topic has gone horribly off topic by the end but since it shows up often, a lot of people might still come to look into this.
Here's what I did that managed to get it to work. Not sure if all of these are needed or I just got lucky. These are in no particular order.
I installed the game fully through Origin (discs? ha!)
I deleted all of the previous installation and data that was saved from previous installs, both from other hard drives as well as the data/profile folder in C:/User/Documents/Bioware
I quite literally deleted the entire Dragon Age folder in there.
I went into the install folder after all the downloads finished and deleted a couple of files and did a repair
I went into _Installer in the Dragon Age folder and ran both SetupAddins.exe and Touchup.exe
I also went into Dragon Age/addins and went through every folder. Every single folder that had an _Installer folder I went in there and ran Touchup.exe
After all of that all the DLC showed up under Downloadable Content in game. Again, not sure if all these are needed or just maybe the last step (After the 4th step nothing had changed), and again this was in no particular order. I mention the install because a lot of people are going to have trouble with that I feel as both Steam and Origin don't know what they're doing with the game. Steam had the trouble earlier than Origin from what I recall.
I think the Touchup.exe after doing the SetupAddins.exe goes in and adds the file but I think I had to do all the individual ones to actually get that to work. All DLC show including Awakening variants. Not sure what Cleanup.exe does however but I didn't play with it.
Hope this helps people. I think the big two were deleting the old stuff so nothing got confused.