Re: Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation. Note:

by theMorzan

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
meloh904: Do you have the Origin version installed at the same time as the retail version? Or am I understanding that wrong?
Also, you installed it into a separate folder I presume, but is it still in program files or something?

For instance, I have my installation folder for Origin games set to J:/Program Files. So the Origin version would be in there as J:/Program Files/Dragon Age. Now I installed the retail version directly onto the disk, outside of the Program Files folder, as such: J:/Dragon Age.
Message 11 of 65 (11,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I uninstalled the origin version of dragon age before trying to install the retail version. The retail version I installed in C>DragonAgeOrigins.  The Origin folder is in C>Program Files (x86).  I even checked to make sure all the files assosiated with dragon age origins were deleted before trying to reinstall yet again.  There is nothing in the origin folder labeled dragon age origins, but it still is trying to update my retail version.  I'm still new at windows 7.   I suppose I could try to install to another partition of my hard drive, but it's not windows.   I'm at a loss at this point.  Thanks for the help.

Okay.  I'm terrible at making these posts, but aparantly people have been having this kind of problem with Dragon Age for a while.  You can disable auto updates in origin for all games, but not individual ones.  I don't have a lot of games, so it's not that big of a deal for me.  Just do a search for

Prevent-Origin-from-updating-game-Dragon-Age-Origins

Like I said,  I'm terrible at the social posting thing.  I should never have downloaded the digital version. 

Message 12 of 65 (11,084 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I tried a few things out and the easiest solution seems to be to install the Origin version, let that automaticlly patch to 1.05. Concact EA support to transfer all the DLC they can to Origin (thats Awakening, Warden's Keep, Ostagar a Feastday Combo Pack). The rest, you have to download from https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php and install through daupdater.exe. So far it seems to work OK.  

Message 13 of 65 (11,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

With "transfer all the DLC to Origin", you mean that they unlock it for you in Origin I presume? I guess that could work too. But you'd have to provide proof of owning the DLC, like screenshots of your entitlement page and account name on it or something.

Although as you said earlier, if not all DLC is on Origin, and you want to get something new, you'd have to get it on the BSN, and then have it transferred or manually installed again or whatnot.

So either way it's a hassle to get it to work =3

Message 14 of 65 (11,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah, it's kinda difficult to convince them to do that. They are stubborn and insists that you do stuff that we all know doesn't work. Then they'll ask for CD key for the DLC, which is a thing none of us have, sicne they don't give them to you when you buy it. But it can be done.

EDIT: http://imgur.com/qwl3E4R Here is a proof :D I also told the guy to hurry up and add the other DLCs and he said he will forward it to somone but we all know how that works so...

If you want to buy something new and it's on Origin, than it's easy. If it's not, they can't trasfer it anyway (I asked if they could add Witchhunt to my Origin account and they said they did, but it never showed up so I guess that proves my theory that the other DLCs simply are not in Origin's database). You would have to buy it on BSN and install it manualy. My hope is that in time, they'll put all of the DLC on Origin. They went back and did it for ME2 and DA2 so there is still hope.

Message 15 of 65 (11,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hi i did have the same problem whit wardens keep and stone prisoner not showing up in game when installed whit origin and not game disc .

but got it fixed turns out the problem is when you install them whit daupdater.exe. for some reason it dos not extract and add a file whit this name manifest.xml. it is in the dazip for wardens keep and stone prisoner you yust have to add it manualy to the folders for wardens keep and stone prisoner and it should work 

Message 16 of 65 (10,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My fix was the following, it seemed to work the two times I tried it:

"I recently attempted a re-install of origins (read: today). It appears the DAO Updater service is no longer being installed with fresh copies of the game for whatever reason. Origin does not currently download most of the DLC for DAO, see https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php for a list of the DLC you have access to.

I am not able to click on Available Content or Download Progress tabs (they are darkened out) in the DLC page in game. A workaround I have found, for now, is to download the DAUpdaterDiagnostic_Beta from http://supportfiles.bioware.com/dragonage/DAUServiceDiagnostic_beta.exe and run it, it will install the DA Updater service. Run Services.msc in windows then enable the Dragon Age: Origins Updater Service. Load up the game and even tho you still cannot click the tabs it will begin downloading your DLC content from Biowares servers properly."

I hope EA can fix the origin installation issue soon.

Message 17 of 65 (10,923 Views)

★ Novice

@adriaan77 wrote:

hi i did have the same problem whit wardens keep and stone prisoner not showing up in game when installed whit origin and not game disc .

but got it fixed turns out the problem is when you install them whit daupdater.exe. for some reason it dos not extract and add a file whit this name manifest.xml. it is in the dazip for wardens keep and stone prisoner you yust have to add it manualy to the folders for wardens keep and stone prisoner and it should work 

Thank you so much for posting this. I've tried many different "fixes" and tried getting ahold of support about this and haven't had any luck. Adding manifest.xml in the Return to Ostagar and Warden's Keep folders finally made them work properly. Much appreciated!

Message 18 of 65 (10,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

THANK YOU!

This helped me figure out why I couldn't get any of the DLC and why some of the files the other solution stickys told me to use were'nt in my install folder.

Sadly, I no longer have the retail disks, I connected the product key to origin a few years ago, and I too have been wanting to play DAO while I wait for DAI to come out, but this is just a huge headache and I does't give me a lot of confidence for using origin in the future.

Message 19 of 65 (10,887 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@the_Morzan wrote:

Yeah, it's kinda difficult to convince them to do that. They are stubborn and insists that you do stuff that we all know doesn't work. Then they'll ask for CD key for the DLC, which is a thing none of us have, sicne they don't give them to you when you buy it. But it can be done.

EDIT: http://imgur.com/qwl3E4R Here is a proof :D I also told the guy to hurry up and add the other DLCs and he said he will forward it to somone but we all know how that works so...

If you want to buy something new and it's on Origin, than it's easy. If it's not, they can't trasfer it anyway (I asked if they could add Witchhunt to my Origin account and they said they did, but it never showed up so I guess that proves my theory that the other DLCs simply are not in Origin's database). You would have to buy it on BSN and install it manualy. My hope is that in time, they'll put all of the DLC on Origin. They went back and did it for ME2 and DA2 so there is still hope.

How long did you have to wait? I started a case with support and it's been over 2 days now, and I haven't even gotten an email.

Message 20 of 65 (10,830 Views)