Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Need to change default download & installation drive

by Girahn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to change default download & installation drive

★★★★ Novice

I had the digital DAO Ultimate Edition installed on my HDD C: drive, and it always worked fine.  I recently added an SSD which I made my boot drive, so it's now C:, and the original HDD is now F:

I tried playing it, and it said I had to reinstall it (which I was expecting).  When I went to download, it didn't give me an option where to put it or where to install to.  I can't have it on my C: (SSD), because of the lack of space.  How do I change it so that it goes on my HDD?  I still have my registration & DLC registration codes, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Message 1 of 3 (366 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need to change default download & installation drive

★★★★ Novice

With Origin:

Click on Origin - Application Settings - Advanced. There you can change the location where your games will be installed. I would advise caution (see below) if you already have games installed.

With Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7710-tdlc-0426

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (452 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

With Origin:

Click on Origin - Application Settings - Advanced. There you can change the location where your games will be installed. I would advise caution (see below) if you already have games installed.

With Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7710-tdlc-0426

Message 2 of 3 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Just a little feedback, most games allow players to choose installation drives.  I didn't read this before installation of Mass Effect Andromeda trial and now I have the entire lot installed on my c drive and the game just killed all my c drive space.  The whole... go to Origin - Application Settings - Advanced method just to select a preferred installation drive is cumbersome not client friendly. 

Message 3 of 3 (281 Views)
dai-dragon

How to slay monsters and make friends

BioWare's helpful guide for tackling Dragon Age: Inquisition Mulitplayer

View More

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help