My charatcters from Dragon Age Origins do not show up on website

by Evie19

Original Post

My charatcters from Dragon Age Origins do not show up on website

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have played through & beaten Origins several times over & have deleted several characters over the years as well. I'm a little confused as to where the website for Dragon Age Keep is pulling it's data from. Since the website has launched I've played Origins, Dragon Age II & Inquisition & beaten them all. The website shows all heroes I've created for both Dragon Age II & Inquisition. However I noticed that the website fails to recognize any current characters I have currently saved for Origins, they don't show up at all in the Hero selection list. As a matter of fact the only characters that do show up are characters that are from years ago & have long since been deleted. What's even crazier is that since I've owned Origins I've gone through at least 3 computers b/c of hard drive issues. So the heroes that the website is showing are on a computer that crashed in about 2010 I believe? The hard drive was completely corrupted & unusable! Currently there are only 3 characters saved on my current computer for Origins, a Human Mage, a Human Rogue & an Elven Mage. None of these characters show up on the website despite me being logged into my origin account while playing. I even created a brand new character & made sure to be connected & played a little while & nothing. It doesn't show any characters I've created even as of today 3/15/2015. Can this be fixed or updated somehow??

Message 1 of 2 (283 Views)

Re: My charatcters from Dragon Age Origins do not show up on website

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Came to this forum to post about the same issue.

I got DAI but decided to play through DAO and DA2 again first to make the best save -- and to refresh my memory of quests and Lore, since going through the Keep on my old imported file did not jog my memory ("Wait, who was Dagna again?"). Turns out that DAO/DA2 I had originally played on X360 with a login that is different than my Origin login (the digital platform). And, thanks to Origin giving me Dragon Age Origins for free ("On the House"), I thought to myself, "I'll play on PC with this other Origin account and completely make a new character/tapestry from scratch." So I did. And I beat it over the weekend and went to the Keep to take a look. 

I'm not seeing it there. In fact, under World States, I'm seeing this:

http://i.imgur.com/KmrIpUZ.png

(PS - the "New World State" in that upper right was me trying to create that, hoping it'd be a "from scratch" canvas that my character would then magically show up in. No such luck).

Now, not only have I not played DA2 and DAI with my current Origin login, but my DAO character is named Justice (Aeducan), not Lyna Mahariel.

I can't delete this World State or character, either, because the Keep requires at least one character. Furthermore, I'm not sure how to get my real character there.

On top of all of this, the Notifications in the Keep do not coincide with my game, as if someone else is also playing and obtaining Achievements or something that is showing up in my Keep. I've checked my login, and... it's me that's logged in, so I have no idea what's going on or how to fix it.

Can anyone help out? Thanks.

Update:

(This may help you, too, @Evie19)

I renamed my BioWare folder in My Documents to something else, than ran DAO again. This created a new "clean" BioWare folder. I then dropped my Character folder from my renamed BioWare folder in the clean folder and loaded that save.

I went back to the Keep and went to Heroes, where I see the three Heroes from the previous screenshot. Only, I see there's now a choice for a new Hero in DAO
http://i.imgur.com/QAlk4Tp.png

I click where it says "1 Hero," choose my character that shows up, and see this:
http://i.imgur.com/jSshYvv.png

That's him! That's the character I've been playing! But wait, why does it say "Features in 0 World States?" I mean, it's progress that he shows up now, but how do I make him actually show up in a World State to view and edit his Tapestry?

Message 2 of 2 (266 Views)