Re: My DLCs don't work. dao_prc_str

by LordRayder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My DLCs don't work. dao_prc_str

★ Novice

My dlc-s don't work. I played through "Origins", "Awakening", and "The Darkspawn Chronicles". But the "Witch Hunt", "The Golems of Amgarrak" and the "Leliana's Song" not starting. I go to where i can start it, but when i press the start button, i get error messages: "dao_prc_str module is missing", "dao_prc_gib module is missing" and "dao_prc_lel module is missing". I bought an origin acces, i get DAO Ultimate Version from the Vault. Everything installed, i can see in the "Addins" library the files. In game i can see the short description of the dlc. Everything is worked well, but these 3 dlc not starting. Pls help!

Message 1 of 6 (3,592 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

THX for the answer, but that solution doesn't work for me.

But i could fix it.
I manually downloaded, the first 1.0 version of these dlcs. Installed them, with the DAupdater. Now they are working.
The only thing, the origin client always want to download the new version (1.1?) of these dlcs-s, and always coming a pop-up message on the client, it doesn't succesfull.
I don't know why not worked with the newest automatically installed versions. But never mind they are working now. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (3,821 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@LordRayder Can you try a repair and see if that helps at all?

Right-click the game panel in Origin to get this option then please check again and see if anything changes. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,562 Views)

★ Novice

THX for the answer, but that solution doesn't work for me.

But i could fix it.
I manually downloaded, the first 1.0 version of these dlcs. Installed them, with the DAupdater. Now they are working.
The only thing, the origin client always want to download the new version (1.1?) of these dlcs-s, and always coming a pop-up message on the client, it doesn't succesfull.
I don't know why not worked with the newest automatically installed versions. But never mind they are working now. Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (3,822 Views)

★★★★ Novice

None of my DA DLCs are working, they all have (unautherized) version 1.0 when checking on them, and they were all reinstalled recently to have another play through for the story lines. Tried to repair, did not work, even tried to install the base game, then add DLCs, that too failed.

This is why I want my games on disk, so I can install them directly and never loose them, for as long as I have a working computer that they will run on. Now I just need to know where I can get the 1.0 version of the game so I can get my DLCs to work for ALL my Dragon Age games.

Message 4 of 6 (3,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

What you need to do is UNINSTALL the game, then re-install it via EA/Origin.  Presuming you registered things when you first purchased them, all your content will be associated with your EA account and available for install. 

There are some manual downloads need to get all the DA:O DLC, (including the promo items) since the entire game was released prior to there even being an EA/Origin platform, but it all does work.

If you run into difficulties with the re-install, you'll need assistance from an EA Game Advisor.  They can be reached at: help.ea.com.

Message 5 of 6 (3,357 Views)

★ Novice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

the entire game was released prior to there even being an EA/Origin platform

That's no excuse for them not making it work properly with DA:O. Spore works and it is even older.

Message 6 of 6 (2,819 Views)