Morrigan Epilogue and Witch Hunt Glitch: is it still not patched for 360?

by NotATypicalNurse

Original Post

Morrigan Epilogue and Witch Hunt Glitch: is it still not patched for 360?

★ Novice

*This topic has been posted in multiple other places in order to elicit a quick response because I anticipate a slow one with this game being 6 years old. Therefore I apologize for the redundance.*

Finishing Inquisition, I wanted to buy all the previous Dragon Age Games and DLC to get the full experience of the Dragon Age Saga thus far. I recently completed Origins and Awakening, but I have now run into a few problems. In Origins I romanced Morrigan to a full 100%, however I spoke to her during the siege of Denerim. To my understanding, this action triggers the 'Morrigan Ring' Epilogue slide at the end, but also changes the relationship from love to friendship. Therefore, at the end of Awakening, I did not receive the 'In search of a dark-haired sorceress' slide in the epilogue. Furthermore, I have gathered that importing a Post-Coronation Autosave to Awakening or Witch Hunt directly, will bug the WH DLC to the extent of Morrigan not recognizing the romance or even the Dark Ritual occurring.

From what I've researched online, these are my options.

1) I can upload an old DAO save to when I still had the Golden Mirror, speak to Morrigan during the siege of Denerim (triggering the Morrigan Epilogue, but changing the romance to friendship), load the Post-Coronation autosave and give the Golden Mirror to Morrigan (reestablishing the romance), and import that save to Awakening so that I will also get the Morrigan Awakening Epilogue Slide.

• This option will not work because I don't have a previous save where I had not already given the Mirror to Morrigan. I would have to start completely over and make sure I save the Mirror (I would really hate to do this as I am starting the nursing school soon and don't have much more time to play games)
  • I have heard that this is still a lost cause because using the Post-Coronation save (the one that allows you to reestablish a romance with Morrigan via the Golden Mirror) as an import will bug the Witch Hunt DLC to where Morrigan will not recognize your romance and/or that you performed the Dark Ritual with her. Is this true?? Is none of this still not patched for the 360??

2) Upload an old DAO save that happens before the Denerim Battle. Do not speak to Morrigan during the siege, save during the Coronation (the throne room where you get to speak to your companions right before the epilogue), import that save instead of the Post-Coronation Auto save.

• This will not activate the Morrigan Ring slide in the Epilogue, but should activate the Awakening Morrigan Epilogue correct?
  • This should also keep me in a romance with Morrigan, unless the absence of a Morrigan Epilogue slide changes that?
  • Importing the manual save right before the DAO epilogue should avoid the bug of the Witch Hunt DLC, but will she still acknowledge our romance and the Dark Ritual

3) My third option would be just to continue on with Golems and Witch Hunt, accepting my decisions thus far.

• I imported a manual save to Awakening instead of the autosave one that bugs Witch Hunt, so this should avoid that Witch Hunt bug, correct?
  • I did talk to Morrigan during the Denerim battle though, so our relationship is no longer "love" but friendship correct?
  • Therefore, Witch Hunt will not recognize a romance between us and neither will future games?

I have one last question, will the Morrigan romance have any affect on Dragon Age II? If it does not at all, I suppose I could just suck it up and keep playing as I can always edit everything in the Keep once I finish Dragon Age II.

Sorry for the length of this message, I have become very frustrated with this whole situation. I sincerely and truly thank you if have read this far and are lending any assistance. It does take a special person to go out of their way to read this long-winded message and try to be helpful.

Message 1 of 1 (2,302 Views)