Missing Executable

by DracoNBorne

Original Post

Missing Executable

★ Novice

Don't comment unless you're going to help, I'm stating that because I've had enough of people responding with irrelevant information.
Once upon a time I accidentally set Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition to "Windows compatibility mode" because I kept * crashing, now I can't * play the game anymore. I managed to uncheck compatibility mode however so I don't know what the * is going on.
When I launch dragon age through steam, I can click on 2 things
1. Play Dragon Age Origins
2. Support information.

1. Leads to the launcher, I press play and it says "An error occurred while updating Dragon Age Origins. (App already running)" HINT: It's * not, I checked processes like a * hawk three times, it's not * running.

2. It says missing executable: C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam1\steamapps\common\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition\"docs
(Maybe that "docs has something to do with it, you tell me)

Before you go saying 
"OH HURR HAVE YOU TRIED DELETING UR CONTENT, OR VERIFYING UR INTEGRITY CACHE"
I've done both of these three times already, restarted my computer twice, made an exception in AVG, deleted Dragon Age and reinstalled it, uninstalled Origins, reinstalled Origins, and deleting all files in steam except the .exe, userdata, and steamapps.
Yes, my drivers are ALL up to date.
Dragon Age has been crashing very frequently even before this * if that is any help.
I apologize for my rude remarks but when you pay a lot of money for a game that doesn't work and have been trying to play it to relieve stress, it's pretty * infuriating if it only adds to your stress
Here's my dxdiag because why the * not

Message 1 of 8 (2,709 Views)

Re: Missing Executable

★★ Apprentice

You asked for help, here's help.

1. Uninstall the Steam version.

2. Install via EA/Origin.

3. Profit.

Your Saves and (with a very few exceptions) mods (if any) won't be affected and should all work after the reinstall.

Message 2 of 8 (2,698 Views)

★ Novice

that requires purchasing the game again

Message 3 of 8 (2,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MasterSaltzgaber ; (Besides necro'ing an over 2y-o thread...)

No, it doesn't require purchasing the game again.  The cd'key/product code is the same and can be used to install the EA/Origin version.  Just copy the code from the Steam version before uninstalling it.

Message 4 of 8 (2,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, how can I see the CD product? 

Message 5 of 8 (1,605 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Rhilwynn on what platform are you trying to find your product key?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko From steam
Message 7 of 8 (1,570 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Rhilwynn you can find the info related to product keys and Steam here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2263-RIFC-1898#:~:text=Many%20Steam%20games%20pr...'.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,568 Views)