Missing Executable for Dragon Age Origins UE

by 23Kitiara

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Executable for Dragon Age Origins UE

★★★ Newbie

I bought the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age Origins from Steam about a week ago. The game runs smoothly right up until I get to Denerim, save, and close the game. Then my game consistently crashes and gives a "missing executable" error. I've tried everything on the Steam support site and nothing is working. I've even uninstalled the game, deleted all my saved content and started over from scratch. I got to the same point today, and now my game is crashing whenever I try to load my new saved game.

Message 1 of 2 (667 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Executable for Dragon Age Origins UE

Community Manager

@23Kitiara Hmm, it sounds like an issue with the build. 

If you check your Dragon Age\packages\core folder how big is the env folder? As far as I'm aware this is where the Denerim location files should be, and mine is 4.91 GB, with 6557 files over 158 folders. I'm curious if yours is smaller or has fewer folders. 

Without getting into all this (but I would like to look into this further in case there's a bad build going around) can you try redeeming the product code on Origin?

This should grant you an Origin copy of the game, please let us know if you have issues with this

https://help.ea.com/uk/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (760 Views)

All Replies

Re: Missing Executable for Dragon Age Origins UE

Community Manager

@23Kitiara Hmm, it sounds like an issue with the build. 

If you check your Dragon Age\packages\core folder how big is the env folder? As far as I'm aware this is where the Denerim location files should be, and mine is 4.91 GB, with 6557 files over 158 folders. I'm curious if yours is smaller or has fewer folders. 

Without getting into all this (but I would like to look into this further in case there's a bad build going around) can you try redeeming the product code on Origin?

This should grant you an Origin copy of the game, please let us know if you have issues with this

https://help.ea.com/uk/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (761 Views)