Message for Techies at EA

by MsKayCeeSim52

Original Post

Message for Techies at EA

★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to let the tech help know that I finally got my Dragon Age: Origins game to play, but it was not due to any of the help and/or suggestions you gave me.  I told you repeatedly, and included in my screenshots, that I was missing a dll file.  I appreciate that you gave me the game because the key code that came with my disk was invalid.  But after 4 rounds of chat with the tech help, I took it upon myself to google the missing file.  And lo and behold, I got this website:  http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.1031-driver.html. That allowed me to download the exact file I was missing (PhysXLoader.dll), and now my game plays.  Just thought you may want to include in your training; when someone tells you they are missing a file - GOOGLE IT and give them the address!  This didn't cost me anything; I didn't have to sign up for anything; and it was installed in the proper folder on my computer.

Message 1 of 3 (509 Views)

Re: Message for Techies at EA

Hero

This forum is for player-to-player help, so I don't think the EA advisers from chat support will read this.

The rule of thumb is that EA's official support channels are best for issues only EA can solve (e.g. your invalid product key), whereas this forum is for issues that other players can assist with (such as your most recent issue).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (491 Views)

Re: Message for Techies at EA

★★★ Apprentice
Well it was worth a shot. I was on the help line so many times I'm betting they competed with each other to NOT take my call!
Message 3 of 3 (368 Views)