It wont let me click on anything

by alemondonut

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It wont let me click on anything

★★★ Newbie

It wont let me click on anything. The mouse shows up and i can move it around but i can't click.

Message 1 of 5 (2,207 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: It wont let me click on anything

★★★★★ Expert

If a rogue companion offers to open a chest that you've clicked, then that chest *is* locked.  If your rogue then doesn't open the chest, it's because s/he lacks enough lock-picking skill to do so.  Some chest are harder than others.  (If a chest isn't locked, there would be no remark from a companion.)

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (2,124 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Hi Alemondonut,

I had the same thing. Which version do you use? Steam/GOG? Because i got it to work yesterday with this:

My solution:
I went to Steam, right clicked on Dragon Age (which was installed), clicked on "View CD-Key" and went to Origin. There I inserted the CD-keys with the "Redeem Product Code" function and let it download and install.

Booted up the game and now the menu works. Needed to download the expansions later on, but those are showing up now as well.
Message 2 of 5 (2,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Tried the solution (got key from Steam, downloaded EA Origin and redeemed it) but I get the same problem

Message 3 of 5 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having kind of the same problem. Everything works except I can't open the one chest I've found so far in the Origin/tutorial area. The chest is unlocked, I can highlight it, and sometimes when I right click on it my Dwarf says "it shall be done" or something to acknowledge that he's receiving the command. He just doesn't open the chest. So far he can do everything else - right click on the ground to move/talk to people/fight/loot corpses, left click to choose dialogue options/access menus/pick up codex. I just can't open that chest. I know that one doesn't have anything super in it because it's in the tutorial, but I'll be upset if I can't open any chest in the whole game.

Message 4 of 5 (1,794 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If a rogue companion offers to open a chest that you've clicked, then that chest *is* locked.  If your rogue then doesn't open the chest, it's because s/he lacks enough lock-picking skill to do so.  Some chest are harder than others.  (If a chest isn't locked, there would be no remark from a companion.)

Message 5 of 5 (2,125 Views)