Is my system compatible for Dragon Age: Origins ultimate edition or deluxe?

by sportage19735

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is my system compatible for Dragon Age: Origins ultimate edition or deluxe?

★ Novice

I have 3 questions:

1) i checked to see if my laptop is compatible with dragon age origin ultimate edition by using https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and everything is OK but it says my graphic drive is 18moths out of date even though i updated it yesterday.

i have 

graphic card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2197 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Will i still be able to play dragon age origin, awakening and 2 nicely?

2) is it okay to purchase dragon age ultimate edition from gamestop.com instead? i ask because it says PC Download version requires the EA Origin client to install and play.

don't know what this means but seems i need your permission first. Also origin doesn't have such options such as the ultimate edition.

3) will i get refunds if it doesn't work?

Message 1 of 4 (2,563 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is my system compatible for Dragon Age: Origins ultimate edition or deluxe?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @sportage19735

I'm glad to see that you've used Can You Run It website to check if your PC meets minimum requirements first Standard smile

According to the information, which you've provided, your PC should be able to run Dragon Age Origins, Awakening and 2, however it's hard for me to tell why your PC claims that you GPU drivers has not been updated if you just did that Oops

GameStop is one of our trusted retailers, so if you've found a good deal for Dragon Age games there, you can certainly buy them Wink However, to get any information about the refund policy, you should contact GameStop directly.

If you decide to buy games via Origin Store, we have a very useful Great Game Guarantee policy - you can read about it here Standard smile

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,722 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @sportage19735

I'm glad to see that you've used Can You Run It website to check if your PC meets minimum requirements first Standard smile

According to the information, which you've provided, your PC should be able to run Dragon Age Origins, Awakening and 2, however it's hard for me to tell why your PC claims that you GPU drivers has not been updated if you just did that Oops

GameStop is one of our trusted retailers, so if you've found a good deal for Dragon Age games there, you can certainly buy them Wink However, to get any information about the refund policy, you should contact GameStop directly.

If you decide to buy games via Origin Store, we have a very useful Great Game Guarantee policy - you can read about it here Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (2,723 Views)

@EA_Ataashi

Most likely it is because it has an INTEL piece of junk for a video device.  With DAO, and DA2 it may work but nothing is guaranteed since like most games both min specs requirements will ask for an AMD or Nvidia graphics card to be used.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/system-requirements-for-dragon-age-orig...

• Video:
    • ATI Radeon x850 256 MB or greater.
    • NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB or greater.
  • Vista: Radeon X1550 256 MB; NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256 MB

@sportage19735

Now given it is an OLD game and Intel usually works to make their stuff make do, you are probably going to be able to run it, but if you are really interested in PC gaming, invest in a machine with an AMD or Nvidia graphics card in it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4 (2,517 Views)

Community Manager

@mcsupersport The Intel 5500 is a fine piece of kit, sure it may not be top of the line but for many older or less demanding games it will work without issue. 

@sportage19735 Here is a video of the game running on the Intel 5500 so you should be fine to run it.

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (2,506 Views)