Is it possible to change the install location for DA:O?

by natrixa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is it possible to change the install location for DA:O?

★ Novice

is it possible to change the install location for Dragon Age Origins from the default c drive?

Running the install from the game disc, not a download. not seeing anything anywhere to change where it installs.

Message 1 of 3 (1,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to change the install location for DA:O?

★★★★★ Expert

I installed it on a separate drive from my primary (OS) drive without any hitch.  I am certain it pauses at the point when it tells your where it plans to put it.  You can't choose anywhere else for your saves, unless you move the entire "My Documents" off the OS' drive first. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,069 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

I installed it on a separate drive from my primary (OS) drive without any hitch.  I am certain it pauses at the point when it tells your where it plans to put it.  You can't choose anywhere else for your saves, unless you move the entire "My Documents" off the OS' drive first. 

Message 2 of 3 (2,070 Views)

★ Novice

my game's installer doesn't have anything that asks where i want it. you read the lisence, accept it, punch in the disk key and it immediately begins installing stuff in the default location. my c drive is a ssd boot drive, so it has limited space.

Message 3 of 3 (1,806 Views)