[Investigation] DLC Download Issues - please re-test download

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Re: [Investigation] DLC Download Issues

★ Novice

This did fix my DLC not showing up.

However, prior to downloading from the BSN the in-game downloader was not working. So my 'issue report' still stands, as it were, though I no longer require help with my DLC as I've worked around it.

Thank you for the link, btw. Standard smile

Message 21 of 85 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

No problem. I was in the same boat as you not long ago. The in game downloader is still not working for me either, but at least I can play the DLC that I paid for.

Message 22 of 85 (1,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. Win 7

2. DAO disc

3. no client

4. default

5. in game

6. yes

7. no

8. yes. stone prisoner and blood dragon armour (although they both worked when i bought the game in 2009) and retunr to Ostagar

9. n/a

10. i can download from bsn, but i can't open it when it is done, just comes up with a "application not found" error message. this happens for "offer" files as well as content. 

also cannot find the daupdater.exe file everyone keeps going on about!

Message 23 of 85 (1,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

1. Which OS are you running on your computer?  Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

2. Which game version do you own? Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition  (on disc); Awakening (on disc)

3.  I run the game without a client.

4. I installed the game to a virtual drive, i.e. a different location

5. Are you not able to download your DLC:

• in-game? No
  • from the BioWare Social Network? I was able to download and install The Lucky Stone. I've not tried to download the other 14 DLCs from BSN.

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network?  Yes

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network? See question 5.

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Please name the DLC that does not work for you. The DLCs I cannot download in-game are: Battledress of the Provacateur for Origins; Battledress of the Provacateur for Awakening; Leliana's Song; Return to Ostagar; The Edge; The Lion's Paw; Memory Band; Warden's Keep; Collector's Edition; Blood Dragon Armor; The Stone Prisoner; Helm of the Deep; Amulet of the War Mage; Embri's Many Pockets; and The Lucky Stone. I was unable to download any DLC in-game.

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread?  This is not an issue for me.

10. Additional information: Please add any additional information that you think important.

In every case the content that wouldn't download in-game said that it required a version of the game earlier than 1.05 (this information is highlighted in red). Following instructions found on the BSN I installed Origins, installed Awakening, downloaded and installed Patch 1.05, restarted my computer, launched the game, logged in, and attempted to download the DLCs. I did not launch the game prior to restarting my computer.

When my hard drive began to show signs that it might be about to fail I uninstalled DAO and ME. Depending on whether EA stores information about uninstalls on their servers or on my drive this information may or may not be currently available. In any case, my being entitled to play the content doesn't appear to be at issue.

Thanks for sorting out what's going on with the in-game DLC downloader/installer. I look forward to a fix.

Message 24 of 85 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

1. Windows 7 64 bit

2. DAO Digital Deluxe Edition v1.05

3. Bought and installed through Origin. Doesn't matter how I launch it.

4. Installed to another disk.

5. Can't download ingame. "Available content" tab is blank and content in the "Download" tab fails.

6. Yes.

7. Yes.

8. Nothing will download ingame.

9. Yes.

10. DLC that is downloaded and installed manually works fine, so it's not an authorisation problem. Possibly a problem with the updater service, but I've made sure it's running and I've even re-installed it.

Message 25 of 85 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Game version shows as 1.05.

1. Windows 7 Service Pack 1

2. DAO Ultimate Edition

3. through the Steam client

4. I have two hard drives, each with their own Steam library folder. I installed the game on the 2nd hard drive using its Steam library folder.

5. in-game

6. Yes, I can see the DLC.

7. I can install it manually through that method but now it shows the problem DLC in both the "Download in Progress" and "Installed Content" tabs (with it still trying and failing to download per the information given in the former tab).

8. All DLC appeared to have downloaded correctly in-game except for Memory Band and The Lion's Paw.

9. N/A

10. As I said in #7: I can download the two problem DLCs manually from your website and install them using the out-of-game tool but now it shows the problem DLC in both the "Download in Progress" and "Installed Content" tabs (with it still trying and failing to download per the information given in the former tab).

Message 26 of 85 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@eaursula wrote:

Hi everyone,

We need your help to get a better picture of the DLC issues some of you are still seeing. Please answer the following questions as detailed as possible:

<snip>

10. Additional information: Please add any additional information that you think important.

Thank you for your help and your patience,

Ursula

This is rather simple as far as I see it and have seen it for the last 4 months (and have reported both to EA support and on this very forum, in a now locked?! thread).

10:
The manifest.xml file links to http://biostore.bioware.com/dao_prc/content/DAO_PRC_STR/DAO_PRC_STR_1.1.dadmp which in turn links to http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/p/eagames/bioware/dragonage/content/DAO_PRC_STR/DAO_PRC_STR_1.1...

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/p/eagames/bioware/dragonage/content/DAO_PRC_STR/DAO_PRC_STR_1.1... is a dead link.

It is visible both if following the links directly, but also if you monitor your network traffic.

The link in the info files are not up to date!

Message 27 of 85 (1,147 Views)

★★ Novice

. Which OS are you running on your computer? Windows 8.1 Pro

2. Which game version do you own?

• digital download version

3. Do you run the game:

• without any client?
  • through the Origin client? I can run the game fine from both the daorigin.exe and from origin.

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location? Default Origin location

• in-game? No

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network? Yes

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network? Yes, except for the ones with "More info" on BSN

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Please name the DLC that does not work for you.

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread?

10. Additional information: Please add any additional information that you think important. ; Please just action alsvha's request it's quite silly to have to wait over five months for something as simple as that.

Message 28 of 85 (1,121 Views)

★★ Novice

Game is patched to 1.05, with patch downloaded directly from Bioware patch page.

1. Window 7 Ultimate SP1

2. Digital download version

3. Both by launching the game directly, native DA:O launcher, Origin client. The outcome is the same in all cases.

4. Different, and that's E:\games\Dragon Age in my case.

5. DLCs don't download in game. I am still able to download them from BioWare Social Network, but at least Witch Hunt  is listed as unavailable with "Missing requirements" error when I try to install it manually.

6. Yes.

7. Yes, though see p5.

8. All cannot be downloaded via the game client, even those that require patch 1.0 to be installed. It all looks like something within the game doesn't recognize the patch I am using.

9. Nothing in the said thread describes the problem I am having. They show as neither unauthorized nor missing, I simply cannot download them via the game client.

Message 29 of 85 (1,115 Views)

★ Apprentice

1. Windows 7 64bit

2. Which game version do you own?

• digital download version

3. Do you run the game:

without any client AND sometimes through the Origin client

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location?

Yes

in-game?

I can download NOTHING in game

from the BioWare Social Network?

I can download everything and use the DAZIP Installer EXCEPT for The Stone Prisoner which I SEE in the game startup screen, but NOT in game, nor can I download it anywhere

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network?

Yes, except for The Stone Prisoner as mentioned above

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network?

Yes, except for The Stone Prisoner as mentioned above

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Please name the DLC that does not work for you.

The Stone Prisoner

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread?
   I've done that for "THE STONE PRISONER" but the download does NOT show up in my DLC screen.

VERY frustrating, but glad to see you folks are aware of the problem! Thank you.

Message 30 of 85 (1,097 Views)