[Investigation] DLC Download Issues - please re-test download

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Investigation] DLC Download Issues - please re-test download

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We need your help to get a better picture of the DLC issues some of you are still seeing. Please answer the following questions as detailed as possible:

Is your game patched to version 1.05? If not, please patch your game.

1. Which OS are you running on your computer? (E.g. Windows 7 Service Pack 1, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, etc.)

2. Which game version do you own?

• DAO
  • DAO Ultimate Edition
  • disc version
  • digital download version

3. Do you run the game:

• without any client?
  • through the Origin client?
  • through the Steam client?

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location?

5. Are you not able to download your DLC:

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network?

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network?

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Please name the DLC that does not work for you.

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread?

10. Additional information: Please add any additional information that you think important.

Thank you for your help and your patience,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 1 of 85 (8,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Investigation] DLC Download Issues

Community Manager

That's good to hear, imponcrack and subannisrae! The team came back to me today and told me that they think they have found the error and fixed it.

Can you all please test if the download works for you now?

Thanks so much for your reports and your patience everyone. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 65 of 85 (3,936 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When i try to download the DLC from the in game Downloader, i get the download failed message on all DLCs i have bought.

1) Win 7 64bit fully updated as of today (29th Oct 2013)

2)  DAO retail, added to Origin and downloaded and installed the digital version.

3) Run the game through the Origin client.

4) Origin is installed to the C drive which is an SSD. DAO is Installed to the D drive which is a HDD. Have alsos tried it with DAO installed on the SSD.

5) Cannot download the DLC  from the ingame downloader. Get the download failed message.

6) DLC shows in the BSN.

7) It installed when downloaded manually from the BSN, but still shows in th ingame DLC download section as failed though its installed manually correctly.

8) All DLC doesnt download from Ingame DLC downloader.

9) All workarounds tried. Ingame downloader still comes up failed.

10) Below:

• I bought the retail version of Dragon Age Origins game on release day 2009. On October 28th 2011 i added the CD key to my EA Origin account.
  • I updated my PC recently and downloaded nd installed Dragon Age Origins from EA Origin. So it will be the digital version. (NOT ULTIMATE)
  • I then patched the game to 1.0.5.
  • I have tried all the possible solutions in the http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/SOLUTIONS-UNAUTHORIZED-DLC-or-MISSING-DLC/td-p/470466 sticky thread including flushing my DNS cache. None of them fix the issue of the download failed.
  • I tried installing from the retail disc but it has the same DLC download failed issue.
  • I have tried starting the game in compatability and admin mode. Same issue.
  • DA Origins, DA Origins Launcher and DA Updater are all allowed through the windows firewall.
  • Have tried disabling the firewall and avast antivirus. Same issue.
  • The DLC shows under the Download Progress tab (middle) and tries to download but goes no further than 0% and then turns red and says download failed.
  • My PC uses Windows 7 64 bit with all windows updates. i5 2500k CPU, GTX670 GPU, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD.
  • My loaction is the UK. Using the UK keyboard settings.

Hopefully the issue can be fixed sometime. The in game downloader worked fine for years.

Message 2 of 85 (8,341 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
< * is convinced it's caused by the removal of the Launcher * >
< * ducks before Ursula can re-load * >
Message 3 of 85 (8,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm running W7 x64. I own the steam version of origins and awakening. Obviously, the steam version is updated to the most current build. You should be aware that I have tried installing it via the origin client, but the results are the same in both cases. First, the main game and awakening work just fine. However, when I log in to my account, all of my DLC is available for download. Yet, every time, they simply fail. There is no error per se, just that they fail to download. I have been able to download the content from my BSN page, although I had to download the proper offer files from the wiki page as they aren't on the BSN page. As far as clients, I have run the game through steam, through origin, and without any client. It doesn't make a bit of difference.

This is about all that I can think of. If you guys need more info, let me know. BTW, I'm in the USA. As the other poster said they live in the UK, I doubt this is specific to a certain part of the world.

Message 4 of 85 (8,321 Views)

★ Novice

Hello Ursula- thanks for doing something...

1. My I5 PC is running Windows 7 SP 1  ( 2.) Dragon Age Origins: Digital Download delux  (3.)...through Origin client (4.) default  (5.) unable from in-game- tried Bioware external sourses. Successfully got "Warden's Keep." Unable to load "Witches Hunt."  (6.) yes (7 and 8.) please see #5 above. 

(10.) I saw what many others did in the threads: the red exclamation mark showing the game's good intentions, but disappointing capabilities.  I tried the things suggested in various threads (clearing download cache, etc) Sounds like I got lucky with "Warden's Keep," compared with most others...

Hope this helps you with your sleuthing-

Pallbearer1

Message 5 of 85 (8,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Edit: If you're going to b*itch when nothing seems to be getting done, you'd better say, "Thank you very much" when there's effort made to find a solution.  So thank you very much Ursula, I really look forward to playing this amazing game without the feeling it's falling apart at the seams.  Content installed AND download failed for the same content?

1. Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-bit

2. I own Dragon Age: Origins, the Collectors edition, pre-ordered through EA and registered with the BSN.  Made 2 mistakes with my account personally, in addition to troubleshooting conducted later with tech support.  1st mistake was that in/around about October 2012 I had purchased and attempted registration of a european Dragon Age Ultimate Edition (Pegi 18 should have given me pause), which I than unregistered.  Purchased all contents with Bioware points instead and set myself up with Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening via Origin Client.  2nd Mistake was that because I was afraid my disc was wearing out I purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition via Origin client end of June/beginning of July this year and that's when the mess started.  During troubleshooting, I was provided with Dragon Age Origins Ultimate edition, but also still have Dragon Age Origins Digital Deluxe Edition, both showing in my My Games tab.  That's my 'short' version of the history.

3. Currently due to debacles mentioned above, I am running the game through the Origin client.

4. Game installed to default location, within C drive Program Files (x86)

5. No, I cannot see nor do I have the option to download any content via the Bioware Social Network.  What's funny is that I can see all sorts of stuff for DA2, which I do not own.  I am unable to download & install my full list of Promotional DLC + Collectors Edition.  After a workaround via tech support that gave me the Ultimate Edition, I am able to install the large DLCs' (Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, Leliana's Song, Witch's Wake, Golem's of Amgarrak, Darkspawn Chronicles) but each one will both show as installed in the one tab, and failed to download/install in the former tab.

6. I cannot see any registered game content for Dragon Age Origins on the Bioware social network, or unregistered.  I can see unregistered content for DA2.

7. Cannot download any DLC via Bioware Social Network, nor any thing really except the patch.  If I want to get the DLC options, I have to go to the Dragon Age: Origins Wiki here.

8. Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening both install and I suppose work fine.  Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, the Stone Prisoner, Witch's Wake, Leliana's Song, Feastday Gifst & Pranks, the Darkspawn Chronicles, & the Golems of Amgarrak all download & install fine, as does the Blood Dragon Armor.  The only awkward thing is that each one also has a duplicate entry that lists itself as 'download failed.'  The Collectors Edition complement, the Lucky Stone, Embri's Many Pockets, Amulet of the War Mage, Helm of the Deep, Mark of Vigilance, Memory Band + Formari Tome, the Lion's Paw, Feral Wolf Char, the Wicked Oath, Band of Fire, Dalish Promise Ring, Guildmaster's Belt, the Edge, Bulwark fo the True King, Pearl of the Annointed, and Bregans Bow - all of those have download failed in red.  I am able to download and install manually via the Wiki, and only from the wiki as nothing seems to work or be available at the BSN for me except the patch.

9. I have tried all of those work arounds, with and without game advisors & tech support.

10.  I'm going to put a fully detailed history here at some point, maybe, along with screen shots.  I wish I could provide a screen shot of the two tabs at the same time, as I really love how Warden's Keep et al have both installed successfully & failed to download.

- Felix

Message 6 of 85 (8,304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. Windows 7

2. DAO, disc version

3. Without any client

4. Default location

5. In-game.

6. Yes.

7. Yes. It says Stone Prisoner is (finally) successfully installed.

8. N.A

9. N/A

10. All buyable DLC doesn't show up under the "available content" section.

Message 7 of 85 (8,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

1. Windows 7 

2. DAO Steam version from here http://store.steampowered.com/app/17450/

3. Through the Steam client.

4. Default location

5. Cannot download from in-game download manager, get "download failed" message.

6. Yes

7. I can download Warden's Keep only, haven't tried to install.

8. Warden's Keep, The Stone Prisoner, Return to Ostagar, Feastday pranks and Feastday gifts. 

9. Yes

10. This is all I see when trying to download the DLC in game, I don't own all the DLC but will buy what I don't already have once I know things work.

http://i.imgur.com/dfEACdp.jpg

Hopefully this can be sorted quickly.

Thanks 

Message 8 of 85 (8,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, Ursula-

I have been watching the DLC issues with DAO for some time now with interest. 

Due to a hard drive crash three months ago, I was forced to reinstall the majority of my games after reinstalling Windows on my system- including DAO. As such, I have likewise run into the issue of my DLCs not downloading as they used to. However, I am also in something of a unique position compared to other players. I was able to back up my files before reinstalling Windows, so I still have a backup of my previous installation of DAO (plus Awakening). In theory, I should be able to simply copy my previous installation on to my new one, and have all of my content available to me. I have yet to test this, however, as I was only able to scan my backup for viruses earlier this week.

While I will try copying my previous installation to my current one at some point, I did want to weigh in on what I've run into with my second installation. As I wasn't sure when I would be able to scan my backup files for viruses (long story), I had tried using the ingame downloader in DAO to restore my DLCs, to no avail. Here are my observations based on that attempt:

1. Which OS are you running on your computer? Windows XP SP3

2. Which game version do you own? DAO plus Awakening, original disc version

3. Do you run the game: as far as I know, through the Origin client

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location? Honestly, I'm not sure what the default location is; both times, I've installed to c:\Dragon Age. I must note that I never had issues with my previous installation, though (my hard drive failed in mid-July).

5. Are you not able to download your DLC: I cannot download in-game. I have been successful in downloading through BSN.

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social NetworkYes

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social NetworkI can download it. I assume I can install it, though I have yet to attempt this in light of my previous installation being available.

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Please name the DLC that does not work for you. N/A

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread? N/A

10. Additional information: Please add any additional information that you think important. I must note that in a previous thread, someone has observed an issue with respect to the links for the DLC content having been changed. I can look it up if you wish more detail- but in short, it states that while the address for the DLC content was changed, the links at the Bioware store (to which the DAO downloader is directed) still points to the older link. Would it be possible to have that investigated? I suspect that doing so- and thus correcting the link to which the Bioware store directs you- would clear up most of the DLC issues people are having. 

EDITED TO ADD: The thread which I mentioned in point #10 above can be found here. I consider the first two pages of the thread to be most relevant.

Regards,

Lee (glwizard)

Message 9 of 85 (8,186 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thankyou, Ursula

version 1.05 - yes

os is Windows 7

I don't think I actually play through a client

I dowloaded DA Origins through Origin but downloaded Stone Prisoner through BSN

I have already tried these instructions - save target as DAZIP, if the computer tries to rename to a zip file then rename it back to DAZIP after download. Find daupdater.exe and double click to open. Click on select DAZIPs. Open this dazip and it will appear in the install tab.

No, it doesn't

When I check DLC in the DA Origins launcher it shows both Ultimate Edition and Stone Prisoner with download failure. They both also show up in my DLC list on BSN

After downloading was complete ?I know? and you either open or save the file - nothing seemed to happen though I tried both options

DA Origins was, as I said downloaded through Origin - the main game plays fine but I don't seem to have the extras

Stone Prisoner through BSN - nothing

Not sure what you mean by downloaded in-game

Again, thankyou - I hope you can spell it out for me in words of 1 syllable and large font

Eleanor

Message 10 of 85 (8,169 Views)