Re: [Investigation] DLC Download Issues

by littyliv5245

Original Post

Re: [Investigation] DLC Download Issues - please re-test download

★★ Novice

1. Which OS are you running on your computer? (E.g. Windows 7 Service Pack 1, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, etc.) Windows 7 64 bit

2. Which game version do you own? DAO: Origins

3. Do you run the game: through the Origin client

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location? Default

5. Are you not able to download your DLC: not the issue

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network? Yes

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network? Yes

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Please name the DLC that does not work for you. Yes. The Stone Prisoner.

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread? n/a

10. Additional information: Please add any additional information that you think important.

So as of November some people apparently have said this is fixed. For me, it is not. I redownloaded Origin and DA1 last week and found I had to manually install a lot of content with the "daupdater" program. I did this as the instructions indicated. "The Stone Prisoner" shows on my downloadable content list in game as installed and enabled, but there is no icon on the map for the caravan place you have to go to start the content for this DLC.

I tried also installing that offer file I saw people talking about that is on the wiki and that didn't do anything.

Message 81 of 85 (1,032 Views)

★ Novice

1. Which OS are you running on your computer? Windows 7 64 bit

2. Which game version do you own? DAO: Origins

3. Do you run the game: through the Origin client

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location? Default

5. Are you not able to download your DLC: NOT THE PROBLEM

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network? Yes

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network? Yes

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Yes. The Stone Prisoner and Return to Ostegar.

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread? I have tried everything I can find in multiple forums

10. Additional information:  It shows as enabled, but the map locations I need to begin the content do not show up on my map.  

I redownloaded DA1 yesterday and found I had to manually install a lot of content with the "daupdater" program. I did this as the instructions indicated. "The Stone Prisoner"  and "Return to Ostegar" show on my downloadable content list in game as installed and enabled, but there is no icon on the map for the places you have to go to start the content for this DLC.

Any assistance would be good, as I paid for this content.  If it cannot be fixed, i would like my money back.  I am seriously rethinking my wish to purchase Inquisition, as I do not like to spend money on things that appear to be broken.  

Message 82 of 85 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

1. Which OS are you running on your computer? Windows 8.1 64 bit

2. Which game version do you own? DAO Ultimate Edition - digital download version

3. Do you run the game: through the Origin client 4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location? E:\Origin

5. Are you not able to download your DLC: Yes

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network? Yes

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network? Yes

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Yes. Witch Hunt, Darkspawn Chronicles, Leliana's Song, and Golems of Amgarrak were not showing up.

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread? Yes. I don't even have a DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe in my Origin install.

10. Additional information: The install from Origin seems to be missing some of the files listed in your guide of fixes. I had to contact tech support and they re-issued my game key for it to start working.

Message 83 of 85 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

1. Which OS are you running on your computer? Windows 8.1 64 bit

2. Which game version do you own? DAO Ultimate Edition - Registered On Origin Via My Retail Key / DLC Key

3. Do you run the game: through the Origin client? Yes

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location? D:\Origin\Games

5. Are you not able to download your DLC: Yes

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network? Yes

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network? Yes

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Yes. Witch Hunt, Darkspawn Chronicles, Leliana's Song, and Golems of Amgarrak are not showing up.

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread? Yes. I don't even have a DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe in my Origin install.

10. Additional information: The install from Origin seems to be missing some of the files listed in your guide of fixes. i have tried to contact Tech Support with absolutely no luck. This is what my origin window looks like: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98286095/MissingDLC.png

My friend recently got the game registered from his steam account and has no issues, this is what his window looks like:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98286095/ShouldBeThis.PNG

Message 84 of 85 (779 Views)

Re: [Investigation] DLC Download Issues

★★★ Newbie

bruh help i dont even have the electronic arts folder even tho i have origin and sims 4 downloaded sis help meee

Message 85 of 85 (513 Views)