by Bellanaris88

Original Post

Re: [Investigation] DLC Download Issues

★★★ Newbie

1Windows 7

2 DAO Ultimate Edition disc version

3 ???

4  default location

5  Initially downloaded DLC OK but problems now that I have had to redownload it after a computer problem, after which I downloaded most DLC from the Bioware Social Network.

6 Can't see Awakening in Bioware Social Network so can't download it again.

7  see 5.

8  Can't see or download Awakening, in game or Bioware Social Network.

9 Tried relevant things but ended up downloading through the Bioware Social Network

Message 31 of 85 (1,290 Views)

★ Novice

1. Which OS are you running on your computer? (E.g. Windows 7 Service Pack 1, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, etc.)

Windows 7 Service Pack 1

2. Which game version do you own?

Disk version, I believe. I have a disk but it runs of of the Origin client. 

3. Do you run the game:

I can run the game with Origins or by itself. 

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location?

I have it installed into a different location since I have several harddrives. 

5. Are you not able to download your DLC:

I am not able to download any DLC in game and only some via the BSN.

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network?

I can see my DLC on the BSN.

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network?

It appears that the one with links will download and install, I haven't tested them all out. Not all of them have download links. 

8. Are you not able to download specific DLC while all the other content works? Please name the DLC that does not work for you.

The Stone Prisoner, Blood Dragon Armor,  Return to Ostagar, Blightblood (for Origins and Awakening), Witchcraft (for Origins and Awakening), Battledress of the Provocateur (for Origins and Awakening), Golem's Might (for Origins and Awakening), Feastday Pranks and Feastday gifts

9. If your DLC shows up as unauthorized or missing, have you tried the workarounds listed in this thread?

N/A

10. Additional information: Please add any additional information that you think important.

Message 32 of 85 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

1. Windows 8

2. Disc Version

3. Origin client

4. Different location

5. I'm not able to download the content in-game. I can download and install it from the BSN, but it shows as unauthorized.

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. Not a single DLC is working

9. Yes! At first it worked with the Stone Prisoner. Now, that I bought two more DLCs, the Stone Prisoner is unauthorized again.

Now I tried the same again, but the 'Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater' Process doesn't show anymore, so I can't run it. The second solution also doesn't work. It says it's invalid. And in the third solution it wants me to open the _installer folder, but there is no such folder..

10. The DLCs show as unauthorized in my installed content section, but they're still available in the DLC section. When I talk to Levi in the Party Camp, the game wants me to buy Wardens Keep, though I already bought and installed it.

Message 33 of 85 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

DA:O

Started on Steam, imported product key into Origin. I am in a dorm room, for what it counts. Running windows 7, x64. It appears the downloads are not checking the version number properly, for what ever reason. the "Required Version" is, say .. 1.0. Even if the Origins version is installed, I get said 1.0 in red. The stand alone installs I did were fine.

Message 34 of 85 (1,113 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For what it's worth, I want to highlight what alsvha said on page 3 about the links being dead. This seems most likely to be the cause, as the link he cites is indeed dead, and if that is what the xml file is trying to download from, it's no wonder it won't work. I highly doubt hardware has anything to do with it. This is indeed something EA or Bioware must fix on their end.

Message 35 of 85 (1,112 Views)

★★ Apprentice

1. os: windows 8 64 bit

2.  digital download version

3. Do you run the game : shortcut on my desk, without the origin client

4. Did you install your game to the default location or a different location? different location

5. Are you not able to download your DLC: in game

6. Can you see your DLC on the BioWare Social Network?  YES

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network?

yes it'sworks but when i instal it using the bioware social network, DLC are both in DLC available and installed, so i want to use the client game to install it correctly

8. all DCL are "download failed"

9. not my case

10. Additional information: Please add any additional information that you think important.: please help me Standard smile i really want to finish one more time dragon age

Message 36 of 85 (1,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Message 37 of 85 (1,072 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue... I just re-installed DAO after quite a while from the Disc but the DLC download screen in game gives an error and does not download or install any DLC.

Would appreciate a solution for this issue.

Message 38 of 85 (1,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tending to agree, some commentary from EA/Bioware on this would be useful.  I'm finding it interesting that my case, escalated within 'the Studio' (whatever that really is), is one of the few where my registered game content isn't even showing up on the Bioware Site?  WTF?  I purchased the game as pre-order, disc version, through Electronic Arts themselves (!) back in 2009, and since than picked up every other bit of content via bioware points, and Awakening with the Origin store.  Getting the strong message to not buy games from EA in future as the best solutions have been to wait an unspecified amount of time and would you like a free copy of DA2?  For freaks sake, really?

Message 39 of 85 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am updated to version 1.05

1.windows 7 service pack 1

2. Which game version do you own?

• DAO
  • disc version

3. Do you run the game: I have tried without the client and through the origin client

4. default location 

5.  I can manual download it.

6. yes

7. If you cannot download your DLC in-game can you download and install it through the BioWare Social Network?yes

8.  stone prisoner and return to ostagar do not work.

9.  yes.

10. no dlc shows to be bought. all version numbers are in bright red even the 1.0 ones. no dlc will automatically download they all fail at 0%. i have tried reinstalling through both my disc and origins. I have downloaded and install the stone prisoner from multiple locations. I get shards from drops and chests, but the quest does not show up in my log. I have tried running it in admin as well.

Message 40 of 85 (992 Views)