Re: I think an update just broke my backwards compatible DA:O.

by Elodiana

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I think an update just broke my backwards compatible DA:O.

★★ Novice

Got an update for DA:O, now it won't start properly. The game itself is an Xbox 360 disc plus a download of Stone Prisoner, being played on a Xbox One S console. The game was playing just fine even earlier today. Now when I try to launch the game, it'll get to the Xbox 360 logo before just suddenly, quietly snapping back to my home screen. There's not even an error message. I've tried restarting the console, I've tried taking the game disc in and out. 

What is going on here? Any advice? 

(ALSO, I've been trying to move the game + Stone Prisoner back and forth between console storage and external storage, and Shale will cooperate with me but the main game won't complete "installation". Weird.)

Message 1 of 2 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
I was able to fix the issue myself, with advice from my dad. For anyone who experiences the same problem:

Uninstall, then reinstall the game. Fortunately because of cloud storage, I didn't have to start a new game or anything; I was able to immediately resume my current game.

Consider my issue resolved.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (562 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
I was able to fix the issue myself, with advice from my dad. For anyone who experiences the same problem:

Uninstall, then reinstall the game. Fortunately because of cloud storage, I didn't have to start a new game or anything; I was able to immediately resume my current game.

Consider my issue resolved.
Message 2 of 2 (563 Views)